Chapter 163: Flame of Rebirth

Seeing Spica collapse in pure exhaustion from using that forbidden technique, I ignored her and was about to continue what I was doing before I was so rudely interrupted by her; unfortunately, when I turned around, I saw numerous people flying over, and from what I could sense, which was next to nothing, they all held powerful cultivation bases.

'Ugh, great, now because of her, she's caused a large problem, and I've got to deal with it.' Thought Elif in annoyance while eyeing the unconscious Spica in envy while sighing.

When the people neared us, I could tell they must've realized what had happened from sensing the large disturbance in the atmospheric Qi as they all furrowed their brows before glancing at the collapsed Spica and I; thankfully, they didn't seem to just jump to conclusion and assume I'm at fault.

"Prince Elif, I'm Hayat Renata, the current heir to the Phoenix Clan; I'll save the small talk for later, but if it isn't a bother, could you please explain what happened here and why my cousin is in such a bad." Asked a young boy with fiery blue hair and a youthful face while wearing a silk, blue, red, and white buttoned-down gown with oversized sleeves and a belt with an emblem of a Phoenix.

"Haa, yes, I don't mind." Replied Elif with a nod of annoyance as he began recounting the events that transpired from the moment Zanga left to now, causing the boy to be angry at his cousin, though he didn't lash out.

"I see. Thank you for your assistance, Prince Elif; if you could just give me a few seconds to discuss with the Elders so that I may get the servant's side of the story." Said Hayat candidly as he swiftly retreated to the groups of Elders who had just got done speaking with Spica's servants.

As I watched Hayat speak with the clan's Elders, it's only been a few seconds, but he suddenly seemed to lash out in anger as his body erupted into a bright blue blaze of fire before he quickly reeled in his flames, though I did note, his flames were hotter than Spica's. Just as he had said, the conversation had only lasted for not even a minute before he approached me, though, from his expression, I could tell he was vividly angry with what he learned.

"I'd like to deeply apologize on behalf of my cousin's actions; I don't know what type of past you two have, but for someone to attempt to kill you in our domain, it is very pathetic and unbecoming of us Phoenixes. If there is anything I, or we, could do to express our deepest apologies for our shameful display as hosts, please do not hesitate to ask; we'll gladly wish to display our sincerity." Declared Hayat solemnly with a slight bow to Elif.

"It's fine; other than irritating me, she didn't do much; however, I suggest keeping her away from me; if she tries that again, I won't be so merciful." Replied Elif calmly while fanning himself with his quạt tay as he glanced at Hayat.

"I very much appreciate how generous you are, Prince Elif, but I implore you to request something. I won't feel at ease if I can't at least reimburse you for the trouble my cousin caused you; you could've been killed after all." Said Hayat seriously as he stopped bowing and looked Elif in the eye.

'Well, when he puts it like that, she did indeed attack me with enough strength to kill, though even if I didn't respond to her attack, my protective artifact would've protected me; however, that's beside the point; it's the principle of the matter.' Thought Elif, figuring it would be best to heed Hayat's words.

Unfortunately, while I intended to ask for something in return, there wasn't really anything that piqued my interest; I didn't know much about the Phoenix Clan, so while I'm sure they must have a resource or two in abundance that my Empire doesn't have much of, I wouldn't know what specific resource it is. Not to mention, for the things I am interested in, they most likely don't have them or have a very minimal supply of them since usually, the things I'm interested in, even our Empire, don't have a lot of them.