Chapter 168: Cauldron Burning

"Don't speak with me; you think I'm in the mood to listen to the nonsense that escapes your mouth?" Said Elif with a frown as he eyed the man before turning around.

"I-I apologize for my ru-" Replied the man apologetically, though Elif wasn't having it as he interrupted the man.

"Did you not just hear me? I said I'm not in the mood to listen to your nonsense; I have things to do. If you wish to be irritating, do it near someone else; let's go, Gu; I don't wish to interact with these alchemists anymore than I have to." Stated Elif in annoyance as he turned back and glanced at the man before ignoring him while signaling to Elder Gu.

While walking away alongside Gu as we continued down the hall, leaving the alchemist back there, I heard the door slam shut, yet I didn't even care enough to turn around and look. Heading toward the next and final door on this floor, which was at the end of the hall, just like before, Elder Gu knocked on the door, and we waited for a little longer than a minute, mainly because this was the last alchemist, yet just when I had given up on acquiring an alchemist, the door opened.

Stopping in my tracks, I turned around and spotted a middle-aged woman with fiery purple hair, causing me to raise an eyebrow since it looked quite lovely.

"Gu, I hope it is something important; I was just in the middle of my studies." Said the middle-aged woman calmly with a frown while eyeing Elder Gu, though her eyes widened slightly when she spotted Elif to the far right.

"Prince Elif?" Muttered the women in shock at such a turn of events.

"Yes, that is I, the most perfect and charming being in all of existence." Remarked Elif with his trademark narcissism as he flicked his streak of purple hair.

"I'm Alchemist Calida, but you can just call me Calida, Prince Elif; seeing as you're here, you must require the expertise of an experienced Alchemist. Is there something I may be able to help with?" Stated Calida with a cordial demeanor and a slight bow, her respectful actions putting her on Elif's good side.

"Yes, actually; though, just so you know, I won't be requesting you to make a pill or anything like that; it's, in fact, rather simple and easy for someone of you're caliber." Replied Elif with a slight nod while glancing at Calida, who was intently listening.

"All I need you to do is heat a cauldron and keep it at two separate temperatures for an entire day; I'm sure such a thing should be incredibly easy for you." Added Elif as he looked at the slightly confused Calid.

"T-That's it, Prince Elif? I don't mean to be rude, but I'm confident any Phoenix is capable of doing what you've just described; you wouldn't need to seek out someone like me specifically." Said Calida with a confused frown, though she still accepted Elif's request since it would've been quite rude to refuse the request of someone of Elif's status.

"I know, but it would just be easier to seek out an alchemist; besides, while my request is rather simple, it has a steep requirement since only someone with the cultivation base of a True God Lord would be eligible. I need to get the cauldron very hot after all." Stated Elif calmly while nodding his head as he, Gu, and Calida, who closed her door, headed back towards the stairs at the other end of the hall.

"I see; if you don't mind me asking, what is this all far, Prince Elif? You've sparked my interest a little." Said Calida with a nod of understanding before glancing at the back of Elif since she was walking behind him.

"Cauldron burning." Replied Elif lightly as he frowned, his words startling Calida while Elder Gu was confused, which is only expected since he's not a high-ranking elder, nor does his job revolve around such actions.

"Cauldron burning? That isn't something I was expecting; punishment perhaps?" Muttered Calida with a thoughtful expression while the three arrived at the stairs and headed down.