Chapter 63: The Immortal Auction

"Prince Elif, Young Mistress Eyvor, your nine-leafed clover has arrived." Said the human woman while slowly opening the door and wheeling in the nine-leafed clover placed inside a beautiful blue box.

"Thank you, here is the ten-" Said Eyvor calmly with slight traces of excitement, though her excellent mood quickly disappeared after checking her dimension ring.

"Is something wrong, Eyvor?" Asked Birger after noticing Eyvor's weird expression.

'T-This is an incredibly embarrassing and shameful thing to ask, but could you possibly lend me ten spirit stones, Birger? I promise to repay you.' Asked Eyvor via divine sense, looking at Birger while her cheeks blushed from embarrassment.

'Sure, I don't mind. It's only ten spirit stones anyway.' Replied Birger in a weird tone of voice via divine sense as he was about to pay for the nine-leafed clover, but someone beat him to it.

"Stop fretting over something so minuscule, Eyvor; here are your ten spirit stones." Remarked Elif, casually tossing one low Immortal spirit stone to the human woman, causing her to almost not catch it from shock.

"P-P-Prince Elif, this is an Immortal tier spirit stone; I-I can't possibly accept this; not even one-hundred nine-leafed clovers are worth this much." Said the human woman in shock while holding the spirit stone carefully, wanting to return it to Elif, but she also didn't wish to go against what he said.

"I know, lady, but I'm sure you have some treasury here, right? Just exchange that spirit stone with some lesser ones while keeping the cost of the nine-leafed clover and give me the rest." Replied Elif, with a wave of his hand, not even bothering to look at the human.

The lady didn't continue arguing and quickly left after lightly bowing toward me.

"My apologies that you had to do that. I normally don't have to buy anything since I'm the heir; everything I need or want will be brought to me quickly; still, I will ask father to repay you." Said Eyvor as she looked at Elif, blushing from shame, embarrassment, and something else.

"Didn't I say, stop fretting over something so small, Eyvor? It was merely ten mid-God spirit stones; I wouldn't even bat an eye at them if there were thousands of them lying on the ground. So stop worrying about it, and let's continue paying attention to the auction." Responded Elif in a no-discussion-tone-of-voice while watching the auction for the following item.

Eyvor no longer brought up the matter regarding the nine-leafed clover and just accepted it; while I understood where she came from since I would rather not have taken the nine-leafed clover than have someone else pay for it in my stead, it was still only ten mid-God spirit stones. I don't even have ten high-god spirit stones, let alone ten mid-God spirit stones; that's just how worthless they are to me, though I should probably start carrying around God spirit stones, as having to always exchange my Immortal spirit stones is quite an inconvenience.

With the auction continuing, we would converse amongst each other while Birger would bid for anything that he wanted, and though I'm sure Eyvor wished to bid, she didn't want to rely on me paying; however, sadly, there was nothing that I thought was interesting, everything either did not intrigue me, or they were auctioning off items I knew I could find the treasury. This boring auction continued for roughly two hours before it was finally time to auction off the mystery item. However, my interest was already at an all-time low, so I wasn't paying really attention.

"Alright, everyone, we've reached the end of the auction, but before we do, we have one more thing to auction off, a mystery item, something that even I have no clue what it is; all I know is that it is in incredibly scarce and precious." Said Ace, managing to grab the attention of everyone at the auction house while many began fantasizing about winning it, even before they knew the item's contents.