Chapter 180: Chaos Enters The Fray

It's been a few weeks since we entered the Treasure realm; over the past couple of weeks, Elaine and I have mainly been flying west in search of entertainment while occasionally helping some cultivators in need, but as we flew more west, heading deeper into the realm, we encountered less and less cultivators; it's been roughly a whole week since we've seen a single person. Currently, we are rather deep inside the treasure realm, and right now, I've engaged in battle with Shadow Panther. It is not a very physically powerful enemy, but it specializes in staying hidden from sight, allowing it to catch unsuspecting victims, swiftly killing them as it injects poison into its prey system by stabbing them with its three tails.

Dodging its poison-laced tails, I swiftly backed away while launching several Heavenly scars that were amplified by my sword aura from Hokori, which I've long since unsheathed since the opponent before me was rather powerful. The significantly injured shadow Panther tried to dodge the rain of purple sword waves, but thanks to one of my earlier attacks of wounding one of its legs, hampering its incredible agility, it wasn't able to evade all of my heavenly scars as some of them dug into the beast's skin while slicing off chunks of its body, causing it to roar in pain as it fell to the ground.

Seeing the beast being overwhelmed by attacks, although it looked like it could die any second, I didn't let up; engulfing my blade in ethereal purple flames, I extended Hokori to its original size, causing the blade itself to be about as long as me, before swiftly appearing just beside the Panthers neck. Without giving the beast any time to react, I brought my sword down as the blade entered its flesh, slicing through its bone, before exiting from the other side, separating the beast's head from the rest of its body, effectively killing it.

"Haa, haa, that fight was too close for comfort; it seems fighting opponents three full realms above me is my limit." Muttered Elif in utter exhaustion as he propped himself up with Hokori, covered in sweat, blood, and various deadly wounds while the panther's potent poison coursed through his body and wreaked havoc.

Feeling the painful poison course through my veins, I stopped myself from grunting as I collapsed beside the corpse of the panther while heavily panting; I had used the last of my Qi in those attacks, which meant I no longer had anything to keep the poison at bay as it swiftly began destroying the inside of my body, thankfully my physique was relatively strong, at least for an Elf, so I still have a few minutes before it forfeits my life.

As I began to lose strength in my arms, I was forced to drop a bloody Hokori onto the ground, though before I allowed my body to continue to weaken, I summoned forth two pills; one was something I always had with me, although I hadn't used yet, a poison dispelling pill, the other was a rejuvenation pill, of course, both were five-star pills of the God rank.

Floating them to my mouth with the minuscule amount of Qi I managed to absorb from the surrounding atmosphere, I swiftly swallowed them, allowing them to work their magic; not even a few moments later, I could feel the poison in my body was quickly being eliminated, my injuries started to heal, and my Qi reserves were quickly filling back up. Given my very injured state, it would be best to command the pills Qi manually, but I wasn't in the best of places to do so; after all, I was still in the forest, and I'm sure my fight with the Shadow Panther, which had lasted for more than an hour, had attracted unwanted attention; within a few minutes, I'm confident several powerful beasts will visit this place.

'Ugh, as much as I would love to just sit down while my body recuperates, I need to leave this area; with my condition, I can't engage in battle with another beast as strong as that Panther.' Thought Elif with a sigh as he grabbed Hokori from the ground and stood up despite his injury-riddled body and took to the sky, leaving behind a massive scene of destruction.

Knowing it would be stupid to head further west, I headed back toward where I originally came from, east, and intended to find Elaine since she obviously wasn't with me. A week ago, we decided to split up, mainly because while Elaine was powerful, she wasn't nearly as powerful as me; the most she could fight was an opponent two entire realms above her cultivation base, which would currently be an early Divine King, and about roughly seven or six days ago, we began encountering Divine King beasts; at that point, every beast we fought was forcing Elaine to use everything she had.