Chapter 42: Special Idonea

The tournament continued with match after match happening, and it was primarily boring so far; even the strong contestants like Maga were put against some weak nobles, so it was always an easy win. A few matches after my match, I did get to witness Idonea fight, but she was also matched up against a weak noble, so the match lasted only a short time.

So after an hour had passed with me eating lightning cherries while watching the tournament, the first part of the tournament had finally ended, and there was going to be a half-hour intermission before the second part of the tournament started.

(Note: The first part of the tournament consists of the entire first bracket, the second part will consist of the second bracket, and so on.)

There wasn't anything I wished to do, so for the thirty-minute intermission, I just sat on my throne and did some light meditation to pass the time while doing what is called 'Image training' that Illumia taught me. Image training, as we call it, is when you go into your mindscape and imagine an opponent you'll fight against; usually, the opponents I fight against are either Maga, Kare, Alf, or Marley, as they are the only nobles I currently have trouble fighting against.

I've won sixty percent of my battles against Maga, sixty five-percent of my battles against Kare and Alf, and a whopping zero percent of my battles against Marley. If I were to advance to the Saint Emperor realm, then my chances of beating everyone would become ninety-five percent, but my cultivation base isn't at the Saint Emperor realm, is it? However, while my chances of fighting everyone except Marley look better than you would predict, that is because I don't have enough information on any of them; I don't know what type of techniques they've mastered or what secret abilities they could have, so I don't have an accurate read on their strength.

'When it comes down to it, my chances of beating any of them is most likely around fifty percent or less; well, except for Marley, even if I had awakened sword Aura, it would only increase my chances of winning by ten percent against her. However, since I'll be fighting in the real world, anything could happen, so who knows, I might somehow win against Marley, though I highly doubt it; but you never know unless you try.' Thought Elif while meditating.

"Your highness, the second part is about to begin." Informed Illumia when she noticed Elif was still meditating.

"Hmm, I was lost in thought and must've forgotten the time." Muttered Elif as he quit mediating and watched the match play out.

The first match of the second part was quite intense and lasted for several minutes, which for reference, is very long since almost all the previous rounds were concluded within one minute; however, it only makes sense considering as the tournament continues, the weak will be weeded out, leaving only the strong to fight amongst themselves.

Eventually, the match ended with the noble girl winning after using some auxiliary items but still sustaining severe injuries from the battle; however, she'll be healed quickly.

The next match sadly wasn't as intense as the first one as there was a big difference in contestant's cultivation base, and while the weaker noble tried to put up a fight, the difference in power was just too significant for them to be able to do anything, and they were quickly defeated. The third match consisted of Alf and another noble I don't know the name of, but since Alf was fighting, I already knew how the match was going to turn out, and instantly after the match started, Alf crushed her opponent into oblivion, before quickly flying off the arena.

I just shook my head at Alf's actions and continued to watch the next few matches play out until it was my match again; standing up and flying out of my booth, I gracefully landed on the arena while my opponent did so at the same exact time.