Chapter 104: Elif's Departure

After searching through the rest of the royal treasury, I didn't find anything that I believed would be an appropriate main gift for Eyvor; everything was either too valuable or didn't pique my interest. So I decided to leave the royal treasury and spend some quality time with Great-grandmother before heading back to my room; thankfully, she was considerate enough to return my body to normal before I left.

Laying on my bed, I brought out a crystal ball and, after injecting Qi into it, it glowed before an image of Idonea appeared.

"Yes, your Highness?" Asked Idonea while the background displayed the same bland room as always.

"We'll be leaving the Empire in two days, so make sure you're ready by morning to leave."

"I understand, your Highness." Replied Idonea before disappearing as Elif stopped supplying the crystal ball with Qi.

Storing the crystal ball away, and with Elaine most likely still annoyed with me, I decided to spend the rest of the day cultivating to pass the time by.

___

___

"Elaine, I'm entering. You're not still angry with me, are you?" Asked Elif as he slowly entered Elaine's room only to see her hovering above her bed cultivating.

Softly walking toward Elaine, I stood beside her bed while patiently waiting for her to finish cultivating, which didn't take long.

"No, Brother. Why would I be angry?" Asked Elaine as she looked at Elif with an innocent smile, slightly surprising him.

"Ah, well, it's just that yesterday you seemed quite angry with my outfit. But I'm glad you're no longer angry." Replied Elif with a slightly confused expression, though he didn't dwell on Elaine's sudden change of heart.

"I have no reason to be angry anymore; I've already fixed the reason for my anger after all." Said Elaine with a smile, though that smile felt slightly strange to Elif for some reason.

"I heard you'll be leaving for the Divine Fairy Clan tomorrow. Is it true?" Asked Elaine while resting her head atop Elif's lap once he sat on the bed.

"Yes. Eyvor had invited me to her twelfth birthday celebration, and I, of course, accepted it. So I'll be absent from the Empire for several days. Once that is over, I also plan to visit the Divine Phoenix Clan for a day or two." Said Elif as he looked down at Elaine while rubbing her head.

"Eyvor? Isn't she the one that visited us on my birthday four years ago?"

"Yes, she is, and I'd say we are quite good friends; after all, we do communicate on a daily basis." Replied Elif as he looked up, which caused him to miss the dark expression on Elaine's face before she quickly returned to normal as if nothing had happened.

"If she is such a good friend, why didn't you introduce me to her? Since we're both girls, I'm sure we'd get along quite well." Said Elaine with a smile, though her smile seemed quite unnatural.

"That isn't a bad idea; since we're allies, you ought to befriend them as well." Said Elif, agreeing with Elaine while never noticing anything strange from her.

"Now that I think about it, Brother, did you decide to wear those clothes for Eyvor's birthday celebration? Could you possibly have a thing for her?" Asked Elaine with skeptical and mischievous eyes.

"Well, you're not entirely wrong; I did pick this outfit for the celebration because I wanted to look the absolute best, but it wasn't specifically for Eyvor; also, she is just a friend, Elaine; I haven't once thought of her as anything more than that. Though, you asking that type of question is quite suspicious." Replied Elif with a shake of his head before eyeing Elaine with suspicion.