Chapter 7: Suntouched City

In the Cyan Cavern, Ash and the group decide to take a rest as Nora decides to ask, "You know, I still think that it is quite absurd that those guys betray you just for the fact that you lost to Gladion in the Alola League..."

Ash sighs and says, "To tell you the truth. The Alola League is my seventh attempt at taking on the League, and it is also the seventh league I have lost."

This causes the others to be surprised. Lillie says, "You mean, you partook in other leagues before? Why didn't you tell us about it?"

"I just don't want to remember those memories." Ash frowns. "Every time I lost a league, it is painful for me. But I think I should be honest with you all."

Ash takes a deep breath as he says, "My first League attempt is the Kanto League, and most of the badges are given away instead of earning it through a Gym Battle."

"Why did those Gym Leaders do that?" Emily asks in surprise. "I think it might have something to do with our mother being the Champion of the Kanto Region." Nora asks.

"Maybe." Ash says. "But regardless, I enter the League, and I advanced until the top 16, where I was forced to forfeit the match and lose. Just because Charizard doesn't want to listen to me."

"Charizard doesn't want to listen to you?" Gladion asks. "That is something really weird."

"I know, but I don't blame him, since we manage to trust each other after the Orange League." Ash says. "In the Johto League, I was faced against a good rival from the Hoenn Region, Harrison. That battle is very intense as it comes to the last Pokemon, my Charizard against his Blaziken. But he is stronger than I, so he won and I stopped at Top 8."

Nora says, "A Top 16 and a Top 8, that sounds not bad at all. What happened next?"

"The next one is the Hoenn Region, you know, the time when I got accidentally stepped into the mess made by Team Magma and Team Aqua. I entered the Ever Grande Conference. And that is when I met a rival that is similar to Harrison, his name is Tyson. He has a Meowth, a Pokemon he has a strong bond with."

"A Meowth?" Lillie says. "Does that mean you lost to a Meowth in that league? I never knew that Meowth can be that strong."

Ash gives a wary smile and says, "We have a lot of misunderstandings because of Team Rocket I see. But as you can see, Meowth and Pikachu are the only ones that stand, but eventually, he manages to defeat Pikachu in the end, and I am still in the Top 8."

This causes the group to frown, but Ash continues, "I thought that in the Sinnoh Region, it will be better, considering that I decide to use all my past Pokemon on this one. But again...I lost as well."

"How did you lose in Sinnoh? Ash?" Emily asks.

"In the Top 8, I finally defeat my rival in the Sinnoh Region, but then, there is a person named Tobias that I had to face in the Top four." Emily and Nora tense up at the name Tobias, as they know that he is a member of the Timeless as well as the Chosen of Darkrai.

"I think I know him." Emily says, "He is the one that uses a Darkrai, right? I heard that no one is able to defeat him until one person uses a Sceptile to defeat the Darkrai in the League."

"Wait, don't tell me that person is you." Nora gasps. Ash nods and says, "Just as I thought I defeated his Darkrai, he sends out a Latios next. And in the end, Pikachu and it has a Draw, but he still has four Pokemon standing."

Lillie says, "I don't think it is right to use a Legendary Pokemon in the League...how are you supposed to beat them."

Gladion says, "Indeed. I think you should have beat the Sinnoh League with no problem."