Chapter 6: An Abyssal Encounter

As they are training in Route 2, Ash and Nora are training together. "Zubat, use Poison Fang." The Zubat tries to bite at Eevee, but Ash says, "Eevee, dodge it with your Quick Attack."

Eevee swiftly dodges the bite and slams from behind, causing Zubat to fall downs on the ground fainted. "Oh man, just how did you train to be this strong, I don't think I can compare to you..."

"Well, I am glad that you think I am strong..." Ash frowns a little as Lillie and Gladion know what is going on. Nora asks, "What's wrong, brother?"

"Nora, I told you that Mother and I were captured by the Cult of Darkrai, right? Well, you see, there is something that happened before they come..." Ash says.

Then he proceeds to say how he and Gladion battle together and Gladion is the one that wins, making him the first Alola Champion in history, and when he gets back home, how his friends betrayed him and say that he is weak, not only that, some of his Pokemon are also taken by them.

"When I was captured by the Cult of Darkrai, I have been having the same nightmares over and over again, and they are about that time that happened. I am glad that the ones who aren't there are Lillie and Gladion. They are the only ones that still trust me even after this fiasco..."

Lillie smiles, "Of course, we will stay by your side, after all, you saved us a lot of times and they are the ones that are wrong. And I don't know what they are thinking, I mean Mallow and the others, how dare they think like that."

Gladion says, "Indeed, he is a good opponent, if my Lycanroc didn't use Counter, I would have lost as well."

Emily says, "Even I know nothing about it, I learned from the timeless that you are a great trainer and they are just blinded by greed. You will get your revenge eventually and we are staying by your side."

Nora says, "Emily is right, we Ketchums don't give up because of those accidents. We'll prove them wrong."

"Thanks guys." Ash says, but suddenly, Celebi and Marshadow pop out of the Pokeball and they make the group hide in the shadows. Emily asks, "Marshadow? What are you doing?"

"Same here, Celebi, what's going on?" Nora asks. Before the two pixie Pokemon can answer, they see three people with blue uniforms running past and they recognize the uniforms.

"I remember the uniforms, they are Abyssal Cultists!" Emily says.

"You mean, the same ones that tried to kill Augur Jaern back then?" Ash asks as they nod.

"And judging from that direction, they are heading towards the Ancient Ruins." Nora says. After noticing that they are gone, they quickly get out of the shadows and chase the group.

As they head north, they see the ruins surrounded by two ponds, and they enter the ruins to find a lot of Lucario statues around there.

"Lucario?" Gladion asks. "Why are there a lot of Lucario Statues?"

"Well, it is said that this temple has a Lucario that can Mega Evolve on its own without trainer." Emily says. "But that is only a legend."

"Does that mean...the Abyssal Cult is going after that Lucario?" Ash asks.

"Well, I don't think that Lucario is what they are after considering they are more interested in Water Type Pokemon. But that doesn't mean there isn't a high possibility." Nora says.

As they continue to get inside, they see several Abyssal cultists surrounding a Riolu. The one in the middle says, "Bwahaha...we have you cornered, Riolu, there is nowhere to run!"

Riolu looks panicked and he tries to run, but the cultists keep blocking his way until he is cornered.

"Just stop running, Riolu! You are ours now!"