Chapter 2: Professor Sylvan and the Delta Pokemon

After they head outside the house, they find that Mew gives Lillie a flute called Quartz Flute, which can help her if she has some DNA from other Pokemon or people, especially cultists. Lillie nods and then takes the flute, and then Mew goes back into the Pokeball for rest.

"I could swear I saw Mew here, just now!" They see a grey-haired boy rushing towards them. "Did you see it? A tiny pink Pokemon? It was floating really close to you!"

Lillie feels uncomfortable, and then Ash steps forward before Gladion does, much to the latter's surprise. "No, there is nothing like that."

"Oh...I could swear I-" The boy tries to say but Gladion cuts him off, "Sorry mister, it must be your imagination."

Then the boy sighs and says, "My name is Damien. I am an aspiring Pokemon Trainer! And you are..."

"I am Ash." Ash says.

"Lillie." Lillie says with a bow.

"Gladion." He shows his pose.

"Oh, Ash, Lillie, and Gladion. Got it. You come to Tenlor Town at the perfect time! The Augur- The greatest man in the world, of course- is coming today." Damien says excitedly.

"Augur?" Ash is confused. "What is that?"

"Huh? How could you not know about him? Have you been living under a rock?" Damien asks in shock.

"Actually, we are from another region." Lillie says. "So we don't know anything about Torren and Augur."

"I see. He is the guy who protects the region! He is my biggest hero!" Damien says.

"Hero?" Gladion raises his eyebrow.

"The mayor and the townsfolk have been preparing ever since this morning." Damien says.

"So that is why Professor Sylvan wants us to come..." Lillie whispers to Gladion as he nods.

"I am excited! I was just running errands before he arrives!" Damien says. "I know, why don't you help out? We are assigning jobs in the Town Hall!" Damien says as he rushes off.

Ash turns to the two siblings, "Should we go?"

"Might as well." Gladion says as Lillie nods. Then Gladion whispers to Ash, "Why did you step in front of Lillie when that guy gets so close to her?"

Ash blushes and says, "I don't know, something just come over me."

Gladion raises his eyebrow, but he doesn't say something. As they go to the Town Hall, they see Damien with two people at the side of the table.

"I finished cleaning up the road, is there anything else I can do?" Damien says as the three approach him. "Oh, and this is Ash, Lillie, and Gladion. I met them outside, and they offered to help."

"Hey wait a sec, we didn't-" Ash is cut off by the man. "Nice to meet you guys. Well, Damien, I think we are pretty well finished. As long as you have your gift for the Augur ready, I think you're done. You do have your gift, right?"

Damien is sweating as he says, "Well...um...I may have forgotten."

"Of course you have." The man says. "You better find one, and fast. I heard you could find a Rare Stone in one of the caves in the forest. Of course, you'd need a Pokemon to go safely..."

"No, absolutely not!" The woman yells. "Not a chance! Damien is not ready to get a Pokemon! He's still a child!"

"Mom, please!" Damien begs, "Everyone else in the town already got theirs and has left!"

"And you're not going to follow them! You'll get yourself killed!" His mother says.

"And why do you care? It's not like you're my real mother or anything..." Damien mutters.