Chapter 23: Audrey and the Fake Blue Orb

Ash and his friends are now walking at Route 8, a route in central Torren. Nora is still sad as she made a terrible mistake that causes Damian to be sad and broken. Ash asks, "Nora, are you okay?"

Nora shakes her head and says, "What if Damian really joined Infernal Cult? It is my fault...I shouldn't yell at him..."

"Nora, please stop thinking about it." Ash says sternly, much to her surprise as never once her brother has yelled at her. "He won't join them, I am sure about that. Nobody will join them, we can change the fate if we believe it."

Nora nods as she tries to wipe her tears, she says, "You know, you are right, Brother. I can't just blame myself for what has happened."

Just then, they see a Snorlax blocking the cave, which leads to Sonata City, the city where the next gym is. Lillie says, "This road is blocked...what should we do?"

"Usually, we need a Pokeflute in order to wake the Pokemon up, but we don't have one with us..." Emily says.

"I guess we should keep going, maybe we should find the flute in the next town." Alice says as they decide to go south to Mira Town.

Once they reach Mira Town, a place where buildings are built on small islands. But they quickly hide as they see a white-haired woman standing in front of the house. The outfit shows her that she might be a member of the Abyssal Cult. "Ah, Miara Town, my favorite place in Torren."

Due to the fact that Alice is the one that tells them to hide, Emily asks, "Sister, what's wrong? Who is that woman and why do you want us to hide from her?"

"That is Audrey, she is the leader of the Abyssal Cult." Alice says, much to their shock as the cult leader is in front of them. "And I am not joking that she is Damian's mother, see the hair reference?"

"Let's not think of how they are related, what we need to know is what is she doing here?" Ash asks.

"I have no idea, but we should watch her." Lillie says.

"What a lovely, lovely town. It's peaceful, serene, and built over the shining sea. And of course, the Whirl Islands now rest just a route away. It's almost a shame, really. Perhaps, when I flood the region, I'll leave this town for last. At last, the sea is awakening once more. It's time to bring its King his crown." Then she leaves.

"Whirl Islands?" Gladion asks. "I think I heard of it in the books that we read back in the Aether Foundation. But isn't that place located in Johto?"

"Well, there are also Whirl Islands in this region." Nora says. "And much smaller too."

"So do you see which direction did she go?" Ash asks, finding that she is already gone.

"She is heading towards the Miara Museum." Alice says. "It is a wondrous place for learning and holds many fossils and artifacts, including the rare Blue Orb."

"Blue Orb? Does that mean she is heading for the Blue Orb in order to summon Kyogre?" Lillie asks.

Ash is confused since he thought that he destroyed the Blue Orb back in the Hoenn Region five years ago, but he shakes the thought and says, "If that's the case, we need to stop her."

The others nod as they know how dangerous it is if Kyogre is summoned. Once they buy the tickets to enter the museum, they go to the area where the Blue Orb is. But much to their surprise, they see Wallace there.

"Wallace? Is that you?" Ash is shocked to see the person as the said person turns around. He gasps as he can't believe that he sees a person that was being declared dead by Professor Oak in front of him. "Ash? Is that you?"