Chapter 17: Mysterious Scroll and Witchdoctor

Ash and his group have arrived at the department store, they notice how many things it has sold, there are not only different healing items, Pokeballs, but there are also some Incenses, TMs, and a lot of battle items, but they decide to ignore the stuff as they are in a hurry to find the Augur. They are now in the basement, only to see that it is full of boxes.

"Where is the entrance?" Ash asks Emily, who says, "I think it may be hidden under one of the boxes."

They search under the boxes for a while until Lillie finds one with a ladder and a hole. "Guys, I found it."

They quickly rush towards her location and then they all jump down to the sewers, but much to their surprise is that they can't see anything as Darkness surrounded the whole area.

"Wow, this place is really dark..." Ash mutters as he tries to find the wall to touch.

"Yeah, I can't see anything, brother, are you here?" Lillie asks.

"I can hear you, Lillie, but I can't see you." Gladion says, but then he bumps into Emily and he says, "I am sorry."

"It's fine. We can't move forward if the place is so dark like this. Does anyone have a Pokemon that can use the move Flash?" Emily asks.

Nora says, "I don't have any..."

"Well the same as us." Ash says, "Is there another way?"

Damien suddenly trips on a thing as he takes the thing that trips him. He gasps in surprise and says, "Hey, I got a Flashlight!"

He tries to open it, but it doesn't have any power to turn it on. "But there is no power in it." Damien says, and Ash says, "That won't be a problem." He takes out his Gallade, please charge up the battery, please."

Gallade uses the Electric attack on the battery, causing it to get working and the light from the flashlight emits. The others sigh in joy as they can see each other again.

"Alright, now we have to stay close, don't leave our sight." Ash says as they nod.

Once they use the light to find the way, they have been turning left and right in the place, and they are doubting that they are just moving in circles. Alice says, "This place sure is a maze..."

"Yeah, but there is also poisonous water on the ground..." Emily says as he manages to stop in front of the toxic water.

"Leave this to Shaymin's Seed Flare." Damien says as he tells his partner to clean the water so they can pass, at first they are worried that the Inflatable Lapras can't hold too many people, but in the end it is fine. After several more turns, they see a ladder and Lillie yells, "Hey guys, look, I found a ladder!"

"Are you sure this is the way to the tower?" Emily asks. "Because there might be more if we continue moving in the maze."

"We don't know if we don't try it out." Ash says as they climb up, only to find nothing except for rocks and walls.

"Looks like we get to a dead end, which means that this path is not the path we should take." Gladion says with a sigh. "Let's go back and find the other ladders."

Nora says, "I agree." But before they can go back, Ash just stays there and Lillie asks, "Ash? What's wrong?"

"I don't think this is just an empty room, since I think I know there is something here." Ash says, causing them to be confused. Ash takes out Meloetta, Damien is the only one that doesn't know about this, and he says, "You have a second Legendary Pokemon?"

"Meloetta belonged to my mother, but since she went missing, it comes with me so that we can find her." Ash says as he turns to Meloetta. "Meloetta, can you sing the Relic Song?"