Chapter 50: Gym Battle and Saving Lillie

Ash and Nora are now standing at the other side of the field while they are facing their father, the final gym leader of the Torren Region, who is stuck inside the Dream Realm of Ash's.

"Greninja, Bisharp, come on out." As the two Pokemon appear, Ash sends out Salamence while Nora sends out Darmanitan.

"Nora, since you have a disadvantage, let me shield you while you just attack Bisharp." Ash says as Nora nods.

"But don't you think that you can win easily against me." Adam says as he raises his hand, causing Greninja to change his form, much to their shock.

"No way...Dad? Your Greninja?" Ash asks.

"Yes, I can change its form as well." Adam says.

With Greninja changing forms, Salamence isn't fast enough to make quicker attacks than it, and once Bisharp is defeated by the Fire Blast, Greninja uses Mega Shuriken to defeat Darmanitan.

Then Adam sends out Tyranitar while Nora sends out Aegislash. Aegislash uses King Shield before Greninja's Night Slash hits, and it gives Salamence a chance to defeat it using Thunder Punch. Adam's fourth Pokemon is Drapion. Tyranitar defeats Salamence with an Earthquake, forcing Ash to send out Trevenant. Trevenant uses Dazzling Gleam, which defeats Tyranitar. And both Aegislash and Drapion have a draw since Drapion uses Corride, which deals with Steel Type. And also the Night Slash.

Adam's fifth Pokemon is Spiritomb while his sixth Pokemon is Hydreigon. Nora uses Floges as her last Pokemon. Ash's Trevenant has been defeated thanks to the Sucker Punch and tiredness. So Ash's final Pokemon is Venusaur.

"Venusaur, Mega Evolve." As Ash presses his Key Stone, then Venusaur changes its form. In the end, with Misty Terrain from Florges and the Moonblast, Spiritomb faints.

"Well done, Ash, now it is time to show you the hard way." He takes out the Key Stone and says, "Mega Evolve."

Ash and Nora have never seen a Mega Hydreigon before, and they are shocked that it has five heads.

"Dark Matter!" Adam says as all five heads start to shoot out 5 beams.

"Oh no, look out!" Florges and Venusaur dodge the attacks, but they still managed to get hit.

"Are you guys alright?" Nora asks as the two Pokemon nod. But then, they see Hydreigon's head starts to pop out of its body, causing three more to appear.

Alice says, "That is really disgusting..."

"Yeah, now there are 8 heads and 8 moves..." Emily says.

Ash says, "Nora, I have a plan, can you help me?"

"Sure." Nora says.

Much to Adam's shock, the two Pokemon rush to their sides, causing the heads to be hit by each other's attacks, and then they give the Pokemon a giant Fairy Wind, causing it to return to three heads and faint.

"Hydreigon is unable to battle, which means the winner goes to Ash and Nora."

"We won!" Ash and Nora cheer. Adam says, "Congratulations, you have surpassed me. You deserve this more than anyone else I know."

They get the Tartarus Badge. After the friends cheer for them, Delia says, "Okay, guys, listen. Behind the Gym, there is a small cave with an insignia on the wall. These are the insignias marking closed portals- Hoopa can use these to travel from place to place. We can use that to get back to the real world."

"Can't we stay for a little longer?" Emily asks, "This place looks amazing."

"Well, we need to get going. We have so much to discuss, but we'll need to save it for another time. Time passes differently in the Dream Realm, who knows what you could have missed? You need to get the rest of the shards of that crystal! You can't let those Giratina creeps get what they want!"