Chapter 56: The Aftermath of the Battle

In the Kalos Region, Grace is petting her Rhyhorn as she sighs, she hasn't heard of both Arata and Serena for a while. All she knew is that Serena went back to Kalos to meet Ash and then she didn't know what happened to her. She saw the news of Ash's betrayal, she is also afraid that her daughter did that to Ash.

Just then, they see a car in front of them. Then Arata comes outside and says, "Grace..."

Grace sees her missing husband, she is confused and she doesn't know how to feel. "Arata..." Grace hugs him. "I have been waiting for you for a long time...where have you been?" Grace asks.

"I am sorry, I didn't want you to be in danger, which is why I left you and Serena..." Arata sighs.

"You're back, that is all it matters." Grace cries on his shoulder. "You should have seen Serena, she is sad that she grows up without a father!" Grace says the last words with a yell.

"Mom...I have already seen him." Serena and Calem appear behind Arata. Grace says, "Serena? Is that you?"

Grace also hugs Serena. "I have seen the news, is it true that some people betrayed Ash? Don't tell me that you also did it..."

"I am sorry Mom." Serena frowns, "I did, but I atone my mistake...Ash has forgiven me..."

Arata says, "Grace, like me, Serena also becomes one of us. She is also chosen by a Legendary Diancie."

Grace is surprised, but then she nods. "And who is he?"

Arata and Serena look at each other, then Serena says, "Mom, this is our adopted brother, Calem. Calem, this is our mother."

Grace is surprised that they adopted a boy since she wanted to have a boy as well. She smiles and says, "Welcome to our family, Calem."

Nate nods and says, "Thank you...Mom..."

"Well, why don't we go inside the house? We need to have a conversation." Grace smiles as they all enter the room.

In the hospital, Ash, Nora, Zachary, Nyx, Insey, Adam, and Delia are in front of the bed that says Zenith. Ash asks, "Why are we going back here? And why are we finding Zenith?"

"Because I wanted some answers from him." Adam says.

After Zenith opens his eyes, he sees that Ash, Zachary, and Nora looking at him.

"Oh, it is you guys..." Zenith says. "What do you want with me?"

"I want to ask you." Zachary asks, "Why did you lie that our mother was killed for Groudon?"

Zenith just laughs a little and says, "You really are stupid, huh? Little Brother?"

"What do you mean?" Zachary pulls his shirt up and says, "You have better..."

"Who would believe that I said that She also gave me powers to control both Groudon and Heatran?" Zenith says with a frown. "Since my cult is the first cult, I couldn't reveal how I caught the Legendary Pokemon to the other cults. And since both Dad and Mom left us alone, so I decided to use Mom as an excuse."

"Why are you doing this? I know that Mom and Dad abandoned you and Zachary, but why?" Ash asks.

"I was just jealous." Zenith says, "I just want to know what it feels like to be a family. She told me that if I help her with the plan, I would have the family love that I have yearned for. When I first heard about the prophecy, I thought that we would finally have a family reunion, only to find out that I was beaten by you and the prophecy is fake. How ironic."

Adam and Delia come into the room with Nyx and Insey, Adam says, "Zenith, no. Zenith Trenor Ketchum."

"Well if it isn't Dad and Mom? How were you? Are you here to bring me to justice? Then do it." Zenith laughs.