Chapter 14: Meloetta and the Sky Cult

After leaving the cave, Ash and his friends have been trying to avoid the crowd as they finally arrive at Koril Town. After they are resting in the Pokemon Center, Ash is limping on the sofa and he groans, "Man...they are really annoying..."

"I know. But I am not complaining since I have another new Pokemon to train with." Lillie says with the same tiredness as Ash.

"So where are we? It is kind of sandy here." Gladion asks after looking outside the window.

"This is Koril Town, to the west of the town is the Rezzai Desert." Nora says.

"So what are we going to do here?" Emily asks after getting their Pokemon healed from Nurse Joy.

"Well, we might as well go training." Lillie says.

Just then, Ash hears a tune inside of his mind, he finds it familiar and he asks, "Hey guys, did you hear some music?"

"What music? I didn't hear anything." Alice says as the others also agree with Alice.

Ash closes his eyes and then follows the music, and he is going outside of the Pokemon Center, much to the others' shock. "Brother! Where are you going?" Nora asks in worry, but Ash just ignores her and then rushes to the Koril Cave, he yells, "You are there, right?"

"Ash, why do you rush off?" Lillie asks as they all chase him. But then, they see a man walking towards them.

"I see you get the message, I must say that I am impressed." The man walks towards them. Ash is surprised as he knows who this man is, the man in front of them is actually a person that he has met back in Undella Town.

"Ridley?" Ash says in surprise. "What are you doing here?"

Before Ridley can answer, Lillie cuts in the conversation and she asks, "Ash, who is he?"

"This is Ridley, we met in Unova, he is a descendant of an ancient civilization, which lived in the Abyssal Ruins." Ash says, much to the group's awe.

"Indeed. And the reason I am here is because of our mistress." Ridley says to Ash.

"Mistress?" Lillie asks as they are all confused. Ridley says, "My mistress is the Chosen of Meloetta, and she is your mother."

"What? My Mom is Meloetta's Chosen partner?" Ash says in surprise. Nora is also sharing the same shock as she didn't hear it from her father.

"Yes. Right now she has gone missing, but Meloetta still can sense her nearby. Which is why she needs your help." Riley says as Meloetta appears out of nowhere, Ash realizes that she must be invisible this whole time until she decides to show up.

"Meloetta." Ash says as he hugs the Pokemon. Meloetta hugs back and then she nods. "So you want me to take care of her from the time being until we found our mom?"

"That is what Meloetta wants." Ridley says. "And I am sure that Mistress Delia will also want you to help her keep it for now."

"Okay, Meloetta." Ash then captures the Pokemon. Ridley says, "And Ash, I want you to have this." He takes out the scroll, Ash asks, "What is this?"

"This is a mysterious Scroll. There are 8 of them in this region and once you gather all of them, Meloetta can fully achieve the height of her voice."

"Okay." Ash says as he takes the scroll. "I'll look out for the scrolls. Thanks for everything."

"No problem, Ash. And I hope you find Mistress very soon." Ridley says as he leaves.

After stunning for a while, Emily asks, "So does that mean..."