Chapter 29: Abyssal Showdown

Ash and his friends dive and arrive at the Abyssal Base, thanks to Alice who has some clothes for the Abyssal Cult, so they get into the base without being inspected, though some cultists are asking for the battle to train.

Once they are at the room where Audrey is, those except Ash are bounced back.

"Huh? Guys? What's the matter?" Ash asks as he sees all of them on the floor.

"We were bounced off." Emily says.

"But why?" Nora asks.

"The force field..." Taen says as he touches it. "Only those who are chosen can get through...I think Audrey chooses you so she can settle the score with you."

"Then what about you guys?" Ash asks.

"I think we have better send some reinforcements and kick some ass." Gladion says.

"Brother, be careful." Nora says as Ash nods, then he rushes towards the stairs and sees Audrey and Kyogre, who is trapped inside of a sphere.

"..." Audrey turns around and faces Ash. "Did you know that 97% of the ocean is unexplored? It covers the majority of the planet, and we barely know anything about it. We know more about the moon than the seas of the Earth. What kind of awesome Pokemon could exist down there?"

She walks towards Ash. "Tell me, have you heard of the Hoenn Calamity? About 5 years ago, when Kyogre was first summoned by Team Aqua, the weather went wild. Tons of things were raised from the depths of the ocean. Most of it was unimportant. Bottles, shoes, maybe a few gems or pearls...and a rare, never-before-seen Pokemon. A squid that looked similar to Tentacruel, but with vastly higher stats. An evolution. One that only would occur in high water pressure. A Pokemon with stats that rivaled legendaries...and further research shows that there are hundreds of hundreds more."

"Are you serious?" Ash asks.

"Of course, this was kept hush-hush. It would be awful if everyone knew what creatures the oceans held. Everyone would be trying to catch these monstrosities and with a good reason. Fortunately, it turns out these Pokemon aren't nearly as strong out of the ocean as they are in it."

"That doesn't explain why you want Kyogre." Ash says.

"Do you want to know why? It's incredibly powerful, and with a Blue Orb, it becomes one of the strongest Pokemon in the world. But do you know where its true talent lies? Kyogre is often considered the deity of the sea, a real-life Poseidon. That's not an honorary title. Kyogre is the king in the most literal way. I am not sure how, but it has the power to control and command other creatures of the sea. Sure, having Kyogre would be great. But having an entire army of deep-sea Pokemon, all with the strength of legendaries...we would be undefeatable."

"She is insane..." Pikachu whispers to Eevee, who nods back.

"And now we have Lugia on the surface, creating a storm to cover the world. With the surface flooded, my army will be stronger than ever. Kyogre is slowly calling forth the first of my beasts from the ocean even deeper than where we are. One by one, beast by beast, the Abyssal Cult will grow stronger. I couldn't start until today. Not until I had a power source strong enough to power both Kyogre and Lugia."

She takes out the shard and Ash and Arceus widen their eyes. "The piece of the Jewel of Life..." Ash says.

"Indeed...I have a shard of the very same crystal that once powered the Augur. I've lost everything in pursuit of this goal. My life, my child, and more."

Ash says, "But that doesn't tell you to do this."

"So you've come to stop me? I'll take care of you now before the first creature rises. You won't stand a chance!" Audrey yells as she sends out her six Pokemon, Lanturn, Ludicolo, Alakazam, Kingdra, Mega Crawdaunt, and the Primal Form Kyogre.