Chapter 46: Infernal Cult Part 1

Once the group arrives at the cave that leads to the Infernal Base, they see Calreath, Diana, Tobias, Dawn, and Serena coming with them. Damian asks, "What are you guys doing here?"

"We think that you will need some help." Dawn says.

"The Infernal Cult works from here. This is where the broadcast signal came from. It's like a maze in there, we have to be careful." Tobias says.

"We will split up." Calreath says. "Ash, you go with Diana, Nora, with me. Damian, you with Tobias, Gladion, you with Emily. Zachary, you with Serena. Alice, you and Taen."

The others nod, Tobias says, "Good, the main priority is finding a way to reverse whatever mind control he's got the region in. But if you see Zenith, get him. There's no way he should last against twelve legendary-users, no matter how strong he is. Ash beat him before, after all."

Once they get inside, they split up. Diana says, "As long as we're careful, and more importantly, quiet, we'll be fine. We'll meet up with them and... yeah. Hopefully."

"Yeah, hopefully." But as Ash and Diana walk one step forward, they hear a sound. "Stop here!"

The two pale as they turn around, Persephone appears in front of them, she is glaring at them with anger.

"Persephone...not now..." Diana groans, and Ash is really surprised at the turn of events. They already have one Cult leader to deal with, and here comes the second one.

"You've been lying to me this whole time. I finally bit the bullet. I followed you, I had to know. Wherever you go... Darkrai is always there. Following you, admiring you. How Dia? How do you do it...and now you are back to the Infernal Cult?"

"I told you that we are-" Diana says, but she is cut off.

"You abandoned me here, Dia! You left me! Cresselia is sent to save all of us! But no, you and Brother were too scared!"

Ash says, "Persephone, please be quiet. They'll hear us."

"I am DONE being silenced by you. I spent three years under that freak's control after you and Brother were too scared to help. We were cultists! Don't you remember how awful it was? You left me in that hell, and you expect easy forgiveness? Do you know what I had to do to escape? How I-"

"You'd know, I want to know how you escaped as well." Zenith comes with two more people behind him. Ash says, "Great, just great. Now we are spotted by my brother..."

"I don't appreciate the name-calling, the freak as well. I am not a freak. I know we're enemies, but let's try and be polite to one another, hmm? Guards?"

Just then, three of them appear and Zenith says, "Lead our fine guests here into their rooms. You'll love it here. We have complimentary butlers and a nice heated pool. I'm afraid the lighting is a little bit different than the rooms under your base, Persephone."

Persephone pales a little as memories flow into her mind, then both she and Diana are taken. Before Ash is taken, Zenith says, "Hopefully, Ash Ketchum, no, my big brother, will prefer my prison."

As Ash wakes up after being captured, he only sees that he is in jail and Zenith is standing in front of him. "You looked comfy, I told you that you would enjoy your stay."

Ash can only pretend that he is under his control, so he didn't say a word. "I'm disappointed you had to hear all of that, brother. I'm sure you've figured out my ability. Mind control is such an ugly term... I prefer "mind optimization". And- it's not perfect. I need someone's DNA to do it."

He scratches his chin and says, "Because we are blood-related, I have your DNA, funny how that works, isn't it? In fact, I have the DNA of almost everyone in the region, thanks to the vaccine. I really owe Reukra one. Fake vaccines are such a convenient excuse for getting the DNA of everyone in Torren."