Chapter 68 Mewtwo Challenges

Next is Mewtwo's quest, Red brings Ash and Lillie to the Perfection Cult Base, which is empty with nobody inside. Ash says, "So why are we here? Um... other me?"

Red says, "This is where your trial for Mewtwo begins. However, it will not be easy since Mewtwo and I put a lot of obstacles for you to go."

Lillie says, "Great, more puzzles."

Then they enter the secret room and find two buttons and two boulders. Red says, "The puzzle here is the Strength puzzle. It won't be that hard for you."

"Yeah. We learned the hard way, the further we're in, the harder it is going to be." Ash says.

They first move the two boulders to two blue switches, and the only problem is that they have to go the other way so they could push the boulders. Once they activate both switches, they enter the next room to find red switches, the door only needs two to activate, so they have to pick the two switches to activate. They ignore the boulder in the bottom-right corner of the room and move the other two boulders until they cover the top two switches to gain access to the next room.

"So let me guess, having Manaphy statues here means we need to use Heart Swap?" Lillie asks.

"I guess so." Ash says, "That also reminds me. Why don't we use this Manaphy Statue to activate the switch instead of using the boulders?"

"Maybe it will work." Lillie says as they try it out, they use Heart Swap a lot of times until they put the boulder on top of the top-most pink switch.

"Good, now we have one boulder to spare. We can try to move it into the next room." Ash says.

"Then they head to the next room to find yellow and green switches this time. They ignore the two boulders in the corner and move the other three boulders so that they cover the three yellow switches. After that's done, they also use the Manaphy Statue to activate the green switch, then they open up the final room.

"I think this is it?" Ash asks Red, who says, "You're almost ready, there is only one last thing to do. You remember the incident of the Delta Typhlosionite, right? I have set up a similar puzzle for you."

Ash groans a little, but then he notices Lillie was never with him back with the incident, so he says, "Lillie, since you weren't with us when that happened, how about you try this puzzle?"

"Sure, I guess." Lillie says as she checks the puzzle. However, he can only rotate one tile, and the four in the east, west, south, and north are the ones also moving in the same direction.

"Okay... this is a little hard..." Lillie mutters. But after several tries, she finally makes the correct circuit. And after they're done, Mewtwo shows up in front of him.

"You've done it. You manage to finish the trial." Red says. "And Mewtwo is now yours to take."

"So we don't need to battle it?" Ash asks.

Mewtwo says, "You don't. After all, I owe you a lot even before."

Lillie asks, "What does he mean?"

"It's something that I want to forget." Ash says. "Short story, both he and Mew almost kill me."

"Okay. Why am I not surprised?" Lillie says.

After capturing Mewtwo, Red says, "Now Mewtwo's trial is done, I assume you also get the Mega Stones back in Void Gauntlet. I assume the next is Mew's quest. Right?"

"But Mew is already our Pokemon considering Dawn and I made a switch up..." Lillie says. "I wonder what challenge she's going to give us?"

After bidding farewell to Red, they head to the Battle Frontier in the Torren Region and find Dawn in front of one of the facilities. But she's not alone, there is also a man besides her.