Chapter 18: Taen and the Perfection Cult

Once the seven people walk into the basement of the Jade Tower, they can see some equipment laying on the floor.

"So this is one of the Cultists' base?" Nora says since they hear the news from the Witchdoctor that they met back in the Black Market.

"It sure is really uneasy here..." Damien says.

But then they see a boy yelling, "Who is there? This area is off-limits!" Just then, they notice that the same blue-haired boy is standing in front of them and they are surprised.

"Taen?" Ash gasps.

"Oh, it is you. Ash, Lillie, Gladion, Nora, Damien, Emily, and Alice...you are the ones who stopped our plan back at the Torren Game Corner." Taen says with a neutral tone.

"So they are the ones who stop the plan in the Game Corner in Roggan Town?" Then another man wearing formal walks towards them. "Taen, hold on a minute."

"Sir?" Taen steps aside and then the man asks, "I suppose that you remember me, huh?"

"Of course, you are Rekura, the leader of the Perfection Cult, and we met back in Professor Sylvan's lab as well as getting a starter from you." Damien says, much to the three girls' shock.

"Wait, so that is where your Delta Blastoise comes from?" Nora asks. "He is the one that gave you your Starter Pokemon?"

"It is true that I created them and even let them use them, but I can see you take care of them with great care." Rekura then turns dark and says, "As much as we are interested in you guys, you are on private property. I am forced to ask you to leave. We are busy right now, and we really can't be distracted."

He turns around and says, "I don't much care for you guys myself, and if I had it my way, I'd get rid of you immediately. As a favor to my old colleague, Professor Sylvan, I'd rather do this the easy way."

Gladion says, "We don't really want to interfere with anything. We just want to get through! We heard there was a way into the Jade Tower from here. We really need to see the Augur."

"And why would you two want to do that?" Rekura asks, starting to get curious about them trying to see the Augur.

"Because the Sky Cultist is coming for him! He is in big trouble." Emily says, trying to lie to him so that they can get an easy pass.

"Is he, now?" Rekura says coldly. "Tell me, why should I help save him? I am a cultist, more than that, I am a cult leader. Jaern has been after me for ages, why wouldn't I want him out of the way?"

Ash says, "But..." As Reukra turns around, he notices a box and then he has an idea.

"Actually, I take that back." Rekura says with a smile, much to their shock. "Since you guys have stopped our plan of selling Delta Species to the trainers, which means that you are strong opponents, and as a Champion of the Region myself, I can tell you are all talented."

"Wait, you? You are the Champion of this Torren Region?" Lillie gasps. "That does make sense since the whole league is taken over by the Perfection Cult according to Eduard from the Elite 4."

"Oh, did he say that? He might be a big mouth, but he is actually a useful member of the team. Then how about we strike a deal? I have a little project you can help with." Rekura says. "Taen, can you explain to them?"

"Sure, sir. You see, we aren't really a cult, there are legendary Pokemon we'd like, certainly, but none that we worship. Our group was founded in the pursuit of a single goal."

"Perfection?" Ash asks. "Since you are called that name for some reason."

"Yes," Rekura says, "A truly perfect Pokemon. One that is undefeatable, unconquerable. One with no counters, and no move or strategy to stop. All of our plans have been centered around this vision."