Chapter 47: Infernal Cult Part 2

Ash, Zachary, and Serena are now having a battle with Zenith to stop him from going on a darker path. Zenith sends out Excadrill, Chandelure, Blaziken, and Volcarona. Ash sends out his Delta Torterra and Nidoking, Serena sends out Milotic and Diancie, and Zachary sends out Camerrupt and Keldeo.

Ash's Torterra is facing Groudon, Groudon changes into Primal Form, causing its Water Attacks not to use, and then Groudon uses Precipices Blades on Torterra. Nidoking is facing Volcarona, and Volcarona's Giga Drain is absorbing the Pokemon badly.

Serena's Milotic uses Aqua Ring to heal itself, but then Chandelure's Will-O-Wisp is hurting it again. Diancie is facing Heatran at a disadvantage, but it manages to use Diamond Storm.

Both Blaziken are mega evolved and they are having a combat since they don't want to fall, while Keldeo is facing Excadrill, who tries to use Iron Head but is blocked by Sacred Sword.

Ash's Pokemon are struggling hard as well as everyone. Ash says, "Guys, we can't give up until it's over." He yells as he takes out the Z Crystal, much to Zenith's surprise. "Is that..."

Ash does the pose and yells, "Torterra! This is our full power! Tectonic Rage!"

Torterra growls a little and then it charges at Groudon, then it slashes it into the underground, and then shoots it to Zenith, causing it to fall to the ground with the Red Orb falling from his hands as well as the Magma Stone. At the same time, Groudon and Heatran are back to normal and the other four Pokemon Zenith owns fainted.

"Impossible..." Zenith says he tries to stand up, but he fails as his legs are too weak for him to stand up. "...and now I can't even stand up. Slumped against my Pokemon. How embarrassing."

"Mr. Zenith, sir?" A grunt comes in and then Zenith says, "...can I help you? Your timing isn't great."

"Oh, wonderful, it seems like Ash Ketchum and his friends beat you already. How perfect-with all the loose ends tied up."

Zachary asks, "Who are you?"

"Oh, Zenith, I thought that her plan wouldn't work. I shouldn't have doubted her. I guess you really are blind." The mysterious grunt says.

"What are you talking about?" Zenith asks.

Just then, the grunt takes his suit off, and much to everyone's shock as well as Arceus's. "No..."

"You're the prophet. From the library. Ugh... you're not... real...?" Zachary asks.

"Of course not, dude. Who would ever believe that crap? Man, I thought you figured it out when you mentioned L Frank Baum. You know what book he wrote, right? The Wizard of Oz... and do you remember the plot twist of that story? The wizard was fake, there was no magic. Just a single man pulling some strings. A few flashy lights, fancy explosions, timed smoke. It's really easy to fake an amazing effect."

"...so there was no prophecy?" Zenith asks.

"Who knows?" The prophet shrugs. "Maybe there really was one, a long time ago. A hero that would rise and defeat the cults- it seems to be coming true, after all. But the one I told you is definitely a fake. I also found it with her help of course. And that part was now used so you'd drop your guard long enough for them to beat you."

Zenith asks, "You're working for Her, aren't you? She's been plotting against me this whole time."

"Sure am. She sure was." The Oracle says.

"Don't you know what happens if she wins? Everything goes! Our existence, our world...all of it would be destroyed." Zenith yells.

"Meh. She'll help me through those minor setbacks. Plus, I was promised a fortune." The oracle says.