!2012! donnie x overworked reader |downtime|

You had been attending college classes online now and it really put a lot of stress on you

You had been attending college classes online now and it really put a lot of stress on you. Staying up late to finish assignments and almost always trying to study. It felt so draining to feel like your constantly behind.

You had gotten almost no sleep these past few days in order to keep up with notes abs assignments for the rest of your classes, you had barely noticed when your life outside that point was beginning to suffer.

Donnie had sent you many many messages over this past week. You responded rarely abd even then it was short. He went through the five stages of grief with you, being an overthinker and all. Eventually he couldn't take it and decided to see you in person to sort this all out.

You were on your bed, hair messy and clothes baggy. You had big bags under your eyes and you smelled like coffee and instant Ramen. You heard a tapping on you window and had to decide whether or not to open it, seeing as it could be a bird or you were hallucinating again.

The tapping came again and you closed your laptop, staring up a little wobbly and shuffling to your window, when you open it up you are met with a very visibly upset donnie, his face was lined with worry and it only increased once he saw you.

You blink a little, and you sigh with a soft smile.

"Hey-"

"Why havent you been answering my texts? Or calls? You look pale, ate you feeling alright? You look like you haven't slept at all!"

You blinked a few times, trying to process donnies analysis on you. You hold up and hand to shush him before trying to pull your thoughts together for a sentence.

"I've been working..sorry about the..calls and um..texts I've just been- catching up-"

You rub your face and step out of the way as donnie crawls in through the window and stands in front of you.

"You poor thing.."

He whispers, gently talking your hands and holding them in his. He rubs a thumb over your knuckles. The motion soothed you and you sigh.

"I haven't slept in..a few days"

You admit. His eyes widen and he turns huffy. Puffing his cheeks out in personal offense.

"You always make me sleep of im overworking myself in the lab! That's it-"

He closes your laptop on the bed and puts it until of your dresser.

"We're unwinding now. College can wait for a few hours."

You got to interject but he shushes you, going to.your closet and picking out a set if clothes for you.

"We're going to take a hot shower first, alright? As much as I love seeing your messy hair and coffee smell, taking a hot shower reduces stress and loosens muscles."

You sigh at your boyfriend. You loved him from the bottom of your heart but at times it was annoying how much he cared. You let loose your hair, and step into the bathroom to undress. Donnie was right behind you, taking off his gear and mask.

Surprisingly, there was no tension. No sexual wants in this moment. He turned on the shower, he wasn't stareing but he made pleasant conversation. Once the water heated up you two stepped in and donnie grabbed the shampoo. It was his favorite part if showing with you, to wash your hair. He put some one his palms and began to massage your scalp and wash your hair thoroughly.

Once he was done he washed the shampoo out, and put conditioner in. You sighed at the feeling. It felt nice and it was a gentle reminder of just how much he cared for you. He let you wash your body while scrubbing his plastron. Once he turned around you surprised him by washing his shell.

He flinched but soon relaxed into the shell scrubs. Once you two were finished and washed off, he turned the water off and stepped out. Wrapping you up in a towel while grabbing another to dry your hair. He made you sit on the toilet while he did so, making you giggle.

It was talking all your willpower not to fall asleep then and there. Being warm and cared for. Once he was done he let you change and he picked you up. He walked back into your room and laid you down, crawling beside you and spooning you.

You cuddled up to him as he gently massaged your shoulders. You fell asleep quickly, wrapped up in your boyfriends loveing embrace.