!2012! donnie x reader |panic attack|

Donnie had been working in the lab for some time now, he hadnt come out in hours and he was starting to worry you

Donnie had been working in the lab for some time now, he hadnt come out in hours and he was starting to worry you. You knew how he could be, and you decided to go check on him.

You knew you were just paranoid. You had separation anxiety and being away from him in long periods of time made you go into a panic mode. He's been there for you since the beginning, helped you through hell and back. Unfortunately that made your subconscious cling to him as a trauma response.

You peeked in, looking inside the lab nervously. Your heart dropped to your ass when you couldn't see him inside. You step father into the lab, face flushed with sudden emotion and your heart beating faster.

"Donnie?"

You couldn't help the emotion and nervousness inside your voice. It bled out into what you were saying like water soaking paper. You looked around, stepping father and farther into the lab while fidgeting with your hands nervously.

"Donnie where are you?"

You call, panic creeping into your system. You looking around more quickly, your eyes searching for him frantically. You stop and listen, not hearing anything. Your eyes are brought to a liquid on the floor.

It was red and for the second time today your heart dropped to your ass as your breath caught in your throat. What had happened? Where was donnie? You held your arms tight up to your chest as you began hyperventilating.

You slipped to the ground, shaking and trembling as your vision narrowed. Where was he? What happened? Why did he leave? He promised not to leave.

Donnie stepped into his lab from the kitchen, or ata least, tried to. He saw it was open and sighed to himself. It was probably mikey come to harass him about some new dumb prank.

He stepped inside, expecting to be water ballooned. Instead he heard your soft whimpers and hyperventilation. He rushed inside.

Shit shit shit!

He saw you in the corner, your hands where crossed over your knees and your nails dug into your skin in a nervous tick. You were looking around, and you looked so dumb scared. His heart shattered in his chest. He walked over to you, crouched near you and spoke softly.

"Y/n?"

You looked at him, expression wild with panic. You had tears threatening to spill out of your eyes. And you looked at him with disbelief, like you didn't trust that he was actually there. He set a gentle hand on your back.

"Sh...y/n I'm here"

"D-..don-...donnie?"

You stutter out, breath making it hard to finish that one simple word. He nods, rubbing your back in circles soothingly.

"I'm here"

That broke through your subconscious. You clung to him, hugging around his neck and full on sobbing. You held into him tight, as if afraid he would just disappear. He hugged you, petting your hair and rocking you gently.

This wasn't the first panic attack hes lead you through, but it hurt him to have to do it again. You sob into his shoulder, but your breathing was still leveling out. He knew you would be tired after this so he picked you up. You wrapped your legs around him and he went to his room.

He set you on the bed and laid down beside you as the panic subsided and you blinked tiredly. You spoke to him with a horse voice.

"I came into the lab and you weren't there.."

"I'm sorry..I was actually in the kitchen getting something to eat."

He chuckled, leaving you feeling dumb and embarrassed.

"Oh..I'm sorry."

"Your alright y/n..its okay."

You nod, yawning and curling into a ball. He goes to get up, and you grab his wrist.

"Please- can you stay with me?"

You sounded desperate and pleading. He sighs and gives you a small gap-toothed smile, laying down beside you and nodding.

"Of course."