!2012! raph x child reader |runaway|

As Raph was making his last rounds he hopped over an alley and landed on the ground when his eye caught something, a small child sitting in the trash and crying

As Raph was making his last rounds he hopped over an alley and landed on the ground when his eye caught something, a small child sitting in the trash and crying. He hopped into the shadows with a grunt. The last thing he needed was a kid to see him and start screaming or crying.

He slipped to the sewer opening but for some reason the child's sobbing and hiccuping seemed to call to him. He tried to push it away and leave but his instincts were screaming to comfort it.

He lets out a frustrated groan. Slipping back into the shadows and approaching the child with utmost caution. He watches for a little. Observing them. The little kid seemed to be lost.

"Hey kid,"

He gruffly calls out. The child instantly flinched and looked around frantically.

"Whos there?"

It cried, it's voice wavering and cracked with the crying.

"Where is ya mom?"

He rolled his eyes. And looked at the child's expression, which had changed to a cold one.

"Never seen her"

Yikes

"Alright then, where's your dad?"

The child shakes its head, curling up tighter and tearing up again. Upon further inspection, the child had torn and stained clothes, along with bruises and cuts. He winced, assuming the worst.

Well now what was he going to do?

"Do you anywhere safe to go?"

His voice and tone were much sifter this time, crouching down in the shadows to the child's hight.

"No..."

"How about the police station?"

The child's eyes widen in fear and it shames its head quickly.

"No! They'll just bring me back."

"You've ran away before?"

He was genuinely suprised.

"Yes..."

He grunts. What was he going to do? Obviously its not like can just leave them here, but he can't take them With him either.

Who's to say I can't?

Um..hello, big talking turtle?

He remained silent for a long while as the child sniffles. Eventually it turns to him.

"Who are you?"

"...I'm Raphael, you can call me raph."

"I'm y/n"

The child replied. It messed with its shoelaces as raph tried to figure out his next move would be.

"Look. I'm gonna show my face, and you have to promise not to scream, alright?"

"Are you a monster?'

The child whispers.

"I only look like one."

He said bluntly. The child blinks a few times and nods.

"Okay. I promise not to scream."

Raph stood up and went into the light. The shock and wonder was bright on the child's face as they looked up at him.

"Woooaah..."

"Listen..since..your not scared of me, I have a place for you to go. It's safe, I promise."

The child hesitates, looked down and fidgeting with its hands.

"..I'm not supposed to go anywhere with strangers."

"Thats understandable, but ya need to trust me."

"...okay Mr. Raph"

"Just raph is fine kid"

He chuckled, picking the little tot up and carrying them in his arms. The child was thin to the touch, he probably needed to get it food. The child gasped and held on tight once raph hopped down the sewer intrance and started to walk to the lair.

What will the others think?

I'll get to them when i get there, for now-

He looked down, and the child was already asleep on his plastron, and he smiled to himself.

How cute.

((Part two? Idkkkk))