Turtles x kunoichi reader

You hopped down into your apartment, slipping in through your window and sighing. It was frustrating that the turtles had not yet lent you their trust. Though, it made sense. They were sent into hiding, and were being hunted.

You had sworn your oath. Why couldn't they understand that? You looked out over the city. You were so far from home. You knew better than to allow yourself to be home sick but it was still there.

It were times like these where you wished you had a normal childhood, instead of being trained to be a kunoichi. While it helped you and your family, it was hard at times. Though you would never have admitted it.

A devious thought sprang to mind. What if you were to explore the city? You could frame it as looking for the foot class hideout if any elders found you.

For the most part you were on your own aside from the few other clan members scattered around the city. The chances of them finding you were little to none.

A voice nagged on your mind to be respectful and to act without such impulsiveness. You were a kunoichi, you did not run around city's with a set mission in mind. You must fulfill your duty..or suffer the consequences.

You must have been more in your thoughts than your realized, because you didn't see the orange clad turtle referred to as 'mikey' jump up on your balcony.

"Helllllooo earth to dude(ette)?"

You blink a few times, aware of his presence. It confused you and frightened you. Had you given your location away? How?

"Hello"

You simply said, scanning him for hostility or intrusiveness. Instead, you found curiosity. His cheeks were a darker reddish color which suggested he might have been crying and his shaky voice confirmed it.

"So you live here?"

Every ounce of training you had in your body shouted to deny it. But trust was earned, not given. This could help you earn his.

"For now, yes."

You weren't going to ask where he lived obviously. He didn't trust you enough.

"Must be nice"

He rested his face in his hands and looked out to the city to. He wasn't bothering trying to hide his sadness and frustration.

"To live out in the open..I cant go out usually, and even then its only in the shadows at night."

You nodded, it made sense and you actually assumed that.

"I just want to make friends who aren't my brothers. Sure, aprils a good friend but she hands out with leo or donnie"

April? A human? You would have to look into this for sure.

"Oh? Whats stopping you from finding one?"

He looks at you confused.

"Um hello? Giant talking turtle mutant here?"

"I'm sure there are those who do not mind. As I do not."

He stares at you for a few minutes.

"You dont?"

"Why should i?"

Here it comes, your ultimate weapon.

"I trust you."

You gave him a tight smile and he matched it three times over. He actually ran up and hugged you through the window.

"Oh dude(ette)! I finally made a friend!"

You let him hear a small laugh and nod. Patting his head. One down, three more to go.

"Say...how about we go roof hopping, friend?"