#EIGHTY ONE.

I wait in the room for about an hour when I get a text from Joey, saying that he left.

He told me to wait thirty minutes, so I go through my box of clothes while I let the time pass. I wanted to wear cute pajamas, but also nothing to revealing. He made that very clear when he told me not to wear my white nightgown. I pick out some sweats that hugged me perfectly in all the right places and just a plain spaghetti strap crop top.

Thirty minutes had passed, so I make my way downstairs. I walk past the kitchen and I wasn't surprised at all to see Nick sitting at the table eating.

He catches sight of me. "Where are you going?" He asks, staring at my car keys in my hand.

"I'm going out." I reply, flatly.

"In pajamas?" He questions.

"I'm going to a friends house to watch a movie."

"What friend? You don't have friends in the city." He tells me.

"Oh, thanks Nick." I say, proceeding towards the front door.

"Are you going to see my brother?"

I stop and turn to face him. "Why would you think that?"

"—Because he's your only friend."

He was right, Joey was my only friend in the city.

He continues. "It's okay, if you are. I get it. I hurt you."

"Nick.." I sigh. "We hurt each other."

"I know." He says, quietly. He pushes around a piece of broccoli on his plate. "Can I just tell you something?"

"Sure."

"I'm not exactly over you and I don't know if I'll ever get over you, Liliana." He looks at me with unimaginable, pain in his eyes.

"I don't think I'll ever truly, get over you either." I reply, softly.

"Please, don't go." His voice sounded even more painful than his eyes. "You can if you want to, but if you could just do one last favor for me, don't go."

"Nick..." I breath. "Where's Kayla?"

"She left." He starts to break down. "I never thought it'd end this way. I thought it was going to be me and you. I just don't know how to handle this. I've never felt this way about anyone."

I slowly, approach him and I take his head into my arms and pull him into my body. I hug his head tightly into my abdomen. "I'm sorry for ruining everything. I really thought things would be different too." I gently, say.

His hands move up my thighs and reach my waist where he softly, squeezes them. "Don't go, Liliana. Stay here with me tonight." He says, through an unsteady voice.

I run my hands through his hair and down the sides of his temples. I stop at his jawline and lift his face up towards mine. "If I stay it's only going to make saying goodbye, that much harder."

"I know. I guess you should go then. Just go. It's okay." He groans staring up into my eyes.

"Are you sure it's okay?" I quietly, ask.