#THIRTY SEVEN.

"I love you." I say, through tears.

"You love me?" He was happily, shocked to hear those words come out of my mouth, but I was about to crush his soul and he never saw it coming.

"Yes, but I need to tell you something..." I start to cry even harder, with every tear I wipe away a new one quickly replaces it. "I did something really fucking bad, Nick."

"What did you do, Lili?" His facial expression immediately changes.

"I had sex with someone." I say, trying to work up the courage to tell him.

"While we were broken up?"

"Yes." I reply, sheepishly.

"With who?" He asks.

I look up at him and the tears flow heavier down my cheeks, I knew what I was about to say next was going to change everything.

"With Joey."

He gives me a look of disbelief. "Wait..." He stands up from the couch and runs his hand over his hair. "Joey? —As in my brother Joey?" He questions me, his eyes glued to my face.

"Yes."

"You are fucking lying to me right now, Liliana. YOU FUCKED MY BROTHER?!" He explodes.

"I know, I wish it was a lie, I really do. There's nothing I can do to take it back now. I just can't go on pretending like it didn't happen, it's hard to even look at you without feeling horrible."

"—But you did go on pretending like it didn't happen, Liliana. You were at my house a few days ago, you kissed me... you fucking kissed me—Wait, when did this even happen?"

"That night of the party, when he drove me home." I say, timidly.

"So, literally last week?"

"Yeah, I'm so sorry, Nick. I was so mad at you and he was just there." I cry.

"I'm going to throw up." He replies, pacing his living room floor. He then grabs his phone off of the table.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"I'm calling Joey, he needs to come over here and explain himself, you both do."

"Oh my god Nick, that's not a good idea." I look at him with panic.

"It's a great fucking idea." He says, holding the phone up to his ear. "Hey..." He replies. "I need you to come over here right fucking now."

He hangs up and looks at me.

"I can't believe you fucked him, Liliana." He shakes his head. "—And then you come to my house and fuck me?! What the hell is wrong with you, huh? Is this like, some sick fetish you finally got to live out?"

"No, it wasn't meant to happen like this."

"Then, how was it meant to happen?"

"You were never supposed to break up with me. We were supposed to be together."

"Oh, really? So it's my fault you fucked my brother?" He asks.