#ONE HUNDERED TWENTY SIX.

As the boat made its way into the open water, Zara yells out. "We should all take a shot!"

I look at Nick to get his reaction, but he just gives me a small shrug, like he didn't care either way.

"Yeah?" She asks, looking around our faces.

"Sure." Joey says. "There's a bottle in there." He points to the mini fridge.

Zara sets up four shot glasses and begins to pour.

"Is your friend not having one?" I ask, Joey and nod my head in the other man's direction.

Joey laughs. "He's not my friend." He then waves his hand at the guy. "I'm sorry. What I meant was. I hired him to drive the boat when I start drinking. Can't boat and drink, ya know?" He gives me a light smile.

This struck me as very odd. Nick had told me earlier, that we were going out on the water with a small group of friends. And from what I gathered, Joey had no clue Zara was even going to be here, so did he think that it was just going to be the three of us tonight?

I look at Nick, confused. —But it wasn't the place or time to start questioning him about it. I'd keep the thought in the back of my mind and ask him once we got back to his place.

Once we are all done taking our shots. I begin conversation with Zara. She was intriguing and I wanted to know more about her...

"So, Zara. How do you know these guys?" I question her about the brothers.

"Well..." She starts to giggle. "It's kind of a long story, but we all met in college. I met Joey, first. That's when he was just starting to loose all his baby fat back then and..."

"Shut up, Zara." Joey, quickly interrupts.

"No." She stares back at him. "—Believe it or not, Joey here was quite the recluse back in the day..."

I was pretty confident, he still was.

"—And?" He asks. I carefully watch their interactions. He had a hard time keeping his eyes off of hers.

I look back at her and she gives me a devious smile.

"And I felt so bad for him. Always locked up in your dorm, all by yourself, besides those video games." She jokingly, mocks him.

"That's the way I wanted it, Zara." Joeys eyes evade mine for a moment, before he adds. "That's how you stay out of trouble. I didn't like you showing up all the time, just so you know."

"I know you didn't like it. That's exactly why I did it." She smirks harder towards him now. "Well, then anyways... Nicky eventually showed up and saved me from the misery."

Joey snorts, loudly.

This had me thinking hard. What type of involvement did the three of them have with each other?

"It's nice to see her now though, right?" Nick asks, Joey.

"Sure." Joey answered back flatly. "What made you move to Florida?" He then, questions Zara.