#EIGHTY FIVE.

The next day.

I was in the laundry room when I hear Nick greet Kayla at the front door. I was hoping to sneak back upstairs before they caught sight of me.

As I exit they both turn around to face me, shit.

"Hey, Liliana." Kayla, warmly smiles.

"Hey, what's up?" I quickly, smile back.

She was wearing jeans shorts and a bikini top. She looked really cute, I wasn't going to lie.

"I brought my own bathing suit this time." She laughs happily, showing off her top.

"I see that. You look cute." I echo my thoughts to her.

"Thanks! Are you coming to the beach with us?"

She was sweet and oblivious to the fact I just rode Nick and his brother the other night. Something about that thought didn't sit right with me. It made me feel utterly, criminal for doing such a thing.

"Uhh.." I scramble for an answer as to why I couldn't come out with them.

"Oh, come on Liliana." Nick says. "You know you want some strawberry ice cream."

"Strawberry sorbet, actually." I smile.

"Well, come then on." He replies. "I'm buying."

"Fine." I groan, not really wanting to go, but not really want to protest.

*

Once we get to the beach, we order our ice creams and sit down on a picnic bench. It flooded back memories of Joey and how he took me here for the first time, deliberately knowing how much it would piss Nick off.

As we sit and eat, I notice a young boy, probably in his early teens throwing up a football to himself. He had a bright pink button down shirt on with flamingos and beach wave patterned swimming trunks. I watch him carefully and admire how much I loved his outfit.

I point him out to Nick. "He's so adorable." I say. "He's all alone. Playing ball by himself."

Nick turns and looks at the young boy. "Looks like he has a pretty good arm, too." He replies.

Shortly after this I watch as an older boy approaches the younger one I had been observing. He yanks the football from the boys hands. I immediately stand up and yell. "Hey! Don't do that!"

Nick and Kayla react, quickly to my response.

"What's going on?" Nick questions me.

"That older kid just stole his football." I tell him.

We all at once advance towards the situation that was transpiring on the beach front between the two young men.

Nick stands between the both of them, placing himself in the middle of the struggle.

"Hey, what's your name?" Nick asks the younger boy.

"Jude." The boy looks up at him flabbergasted. "Are you Nick Bosa?"

Nick sticks out his hand to shake the boys. "Yes, I am. It's nice to meet you Jude. You like football?"