#FIFTY SIX.

Monday morning.

I was sitting at my office desk and my mind was somewhere entirely different. I couldn't help, but to think about what happened Saturday night at the party. For some reason I couldn't put all the pieces together as to why seeing Joey kiss another girl caused me to become so jealous.

The office door opens up and pulls me from my thoughts and back into reality.

"Hey, Jimmy." I smile.

He smiles back, charmingly. "Hey, Liliana."

"Are you on the schedule, today?" I scrunch my nose and search through the computer log.

"No, actually.. can I talk to you?" He asks.

"Um, okay." I settle myself in the office chair and give him my full attention.

"I wanted to apologize for the incident that happened at the club. I can't help, but blame myself for letting you leave alone. I mean... if you don't want to talk about it, I completely understand, but I just wish you would have told me. I feel horrible about it."

I feel my throat becoming dry, and I have to clear it before speaking. "Please don't blame yourself. You had no idea that was going to happen. No one did, anyways some of the guys took care of it."

"Nick?" He stares me in the eyes.

"Yeah, is he the one that told you?" I ask him.

"Yeah, he got into my face this morning during practice over it. I'm pretty sure he blames me."

I sigh. "Jimmy, he's just..."

He cuts me off. "— Erratic?"

My eyes gently flutter and I give him another smile. "Protective." I correct him.

"So, you guys are seeing each other?" He questions me.

"No, we're definitely not."

He leans his arms on the office desk. "Come on, Liliana. You don't have to lie to me, it's obvious. He makes it very obvious."

"—And how does he do that?"

"It's just the way he talks about you. Also, anytime anyone brings you up, he gets all hulk smash mode."

I laugh. "That's only because we are friends."

"Well, also there's a picture going around on instagram of you guys together, too. All the Nick Bosa fan groupies are trying see if you're his girlfriend. Have you not checked your instagram, lately?"

"What?" My soul nearly, leaves my body.

"Yeah, maybe you should set them straight, and just a heads up.. I'm pretty sure Shanahan is going to want to talk to you, because he already pulled Nick from practice today."

"Shit, that's not good. Okay, thank you Jimmy. I'll look into it. I appreciate the heads up." I tell him, trying to keep my cool, but on the inside I was totally losing my mind.

After Jimmy leaves, I immediately go into the office drawer and grab my phone and quickly, turn it off of airplane mode. As soon as I do this my phone starts to ping with all kinds of notifications.