#ONE HUNDRED FIVE.

After Nick leaves I cautiously, sit down at the table across from Mark. I'm sure he was about to lecture me.

"Nothing really did happen." I tell him as he scoots a plate of food in front of me.

"I wasn't going to ask, Liliana." He replies, causally.

"Oh." I look down at my plate and push some eggs around with my fork. "Hey, thanks for breakfast, but I'm not really hungry. I'm going to go up to my room." I get up from the table and put up my plate.

"Liliana." Mark stops me before I can reach the stairs.

"Yeah?"

"Never mind." He sighs.

"What is it? Go ahead you can say it. Trust me, I can take it." I knew his mind was swimming with questions and thoughts.

He sighs again. "I know I wasn't around and now that you're an adult I don't have much I can say, but I will say this.. you look happy."

I stare at him with a soft smile. "I am happy, Mark."

"Good." He nods. "That's all that matters." He tells me.

I start my way back to the stairs, but he stops me again. "Also, can you do me a favor later?"

"Sure, what do you need?"

"Can you go drop of Dales new jersey for me? His dad hasn't came to pick it up yet and I have some meetings I need to attend."

"Of course, no problem." I tell him.

*

Later that day I go to bring Dale over his jersey. I knock on the front door. It takes awhile, but Dales dad finally comes to the door.

Once he sees what I'm holding in my hands he immediately, snatches it out from them.

"What size is this?" He questions me.

I shrug. "I'm not sure."

He takes the jersey out from the plastic wrapping and checks the size. "Goddamn it, I told Mark he needed an extra large, what is this bullshit?!"

"Well, what size is it?" I ask. "I can probably, get it exchanged."

"No, that would take forever. Just fucking forget it." He goes to close the front door.

"Wait, I can talk to Dale, please?"

"What for? He's grounded." He tells me, stiffly.

"Will he be at practice on Saturday?" I question him. My consciousness was screaming at me that something wasn't right here.

"That all depends on him." He says in a menacing tone.

"Well, I—" I hear my phone ping, interrupting me. I quickly look down to see a text from Nick, I nearly fainted as all the blood rushed to my head.

I carefully, read the words in all caps. "STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME. I DON'T EVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN."

I look back up at Dales father. "I'm sorry, I gotta go." I quickly, say.