#EIGHTY SIX.

Later that day.

I text Nick to see if it was safe to come down for something to eat. I really had zero interest in seeing him and Kayla having sex again.

"Yeah, Joey is here btw." He texts back.

That didn't surprise me, he was always over at Nicks.

As I reach the kitchen I see the three of them fixing their plates for dinner. I could almost tell immediately, that Nick was in a frustrated mood. At this point I was always ready to get one of either two sides of him. He barely had a middle ground when it came to his emotions.

I grab a plate and start walking back upstairs, but Nick stops me. "Don't be weird. Sit down and eat with us."

"I'm pretty sure that I'm the least weird one here." I say, pulling out a kitchen chair and sitting down. "—but okay."

Kayla laughs.

I look up at her. "Sorry, Kayla. I'm sure your pretty normal, too. But to date Nick you got to be a little crazy." I snicker.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Nick asks.

"I didn't really mean anything by it. You know what I meant." I say, looking back at him from across the kitchen table.

"No, actually. I don't know what you meant, enlighten me." He stares back making the moment more awkward then what it should have been.

"She's probably, just talking about dating a football player. Honestly, you do have to be a little crazy to date a football player, right Lili?" Joey interjects.

"Exactly." I say.

"Hm." Nick takes a bite of his food and when he finishes he says. "Yeah, Liliana you would know."

"I think it's great that you two still both get along." Kayla says, looking between Joey and I.

"They get along grrreat." Nick replies.

Joey groans. "We all do."

They both stare at each other now and I can feel the tension starting to build between them.

"What you did at the beach today was really nice, Nick." Kayla says, probably picking up on the instant mood shift.

"Yeah, that was really nice, Nicky." Joey says while a bite of food was still in his mouth. "You're a really good guy." He adds, after swallowing. A smirk pulls at the corner of his mouth.

"Thanks." Nick smirks back before wiping his mouth. The boys were definitely, fighting back anger against one another today.

"I just think you shouldn't have brought up money and something he couldn't afford or shaming him about being overweight, but otherwise I was really happy you stood up for the little boy." I say.

"I mean, it probably wasn't a lie." Nick replies, in a low husky, tone of voice.

"Yeah, but a lot of people can't afford things here in California or just in America in general. I mean, I'm just saying, we get to scrape delicious leftovers into the trash tonight.. while someone, somewhere can be scraping up their last bit of cents to buy a cheeseburger."