#SIXTY SEVEN.

When we get to Nicks private beach entrance we walk down to the water and sit down just enough where the waves roll up to touch our feet.

Joey pulls a joint and lighter out of his out pocket. I watch this and couldn't help myself from laughing.

"What?" He asks. The sun was going down and the light was dim on his face, but I could make out the silly expression he was making at me.

"A football player. That smokes weed and does shrooms." I say, softly shaking my head with a smile.

"It's California, Lili. A lot of football players here smoke weed and for the shrooms.. that was only because you drugged me with them."

"I did not do that on purpose." I giggle. "And weren't those yours anyways?"

"I mean.. I do use them for healing purposes during the off season, but I'm not just waking up and doing shrooms everyday or something." He says this as he puts the joint in his mouth and lights it. He takes a long drag and then exhales the smoke up into the air.

"I've never smoked weed before." I confess. "Is it scary?"

He looks at me and coughs a bit. "You've never smoked weed?" He asks this as if it was completely shocking that he met someone that hadn't smoked marijuana before.

"No and I'm kinda nervous."

"Don't be nervous. You're with me, it's not like shrooms, trust me. You'll have fun, I'll make sure of that." He says.

"Okay." I say, pinching the joint within my fingers. I was a bit apprehensive, but fun sounded like something I needed right now.

I inhale the smoke and he tells me told hold it in my lungs for a few seconds. Once I exhale I immediately start coughing super hard. It took me a long time to get my coughing under control and by the time I was done my throat was slightly burning.

He starts laughing and takes the joint back. "Alright, that's enough for you for now. Light weight."

I look at Joey, touching my throat. "Am I okay?"

He continues to chuckle. "Yeah, you're totally good, Lils." He pats the top of my head. "Is your throat burning?"

"A little."

"Want me to go get you some water? I think I have a bottle in the car." He asks.

"No, that's okay I'm fine. I think." I reply, staring out into the vastly, large ocean.

"—And by bottle of water.. I mean a bottle of tequila. If you're down?" He smirks at me.

I start to laugh. "Alright, yeah. Let's do it."

He stares at me for a moment and then quickly moves his eyebrows up and down. "You wanna do it?" He playfully, asks.

My laughter continues. "You know what I meant, Joey."

"Yeah, I did." He chuckles, still joking around.

I gently push his hard chest. "Oh, shut up already."