Chapter 32

Tanvi's POV:

The car halted in front of a temple. Mom and dad got down from the car followed by Isha.

After some rituals, I was taken to the wedding mandap (it is a place where the wedding takes place). I started walking towards the mandap along with dad and mom. Isha was behind us.

Image of the mandap 

Image of the mandap 

I cannot believe that I am getting married. This was my dream a couple of weeks ago but now, I feel suffocated. I cannot tell anyone, nor can I stop this wedding.  I eye everyone in the area. I see Chimmi. She passes me a weak smile. She knows how I am feeling right now. She knows how much I want to walk out of this wedding, but I am notable to do any of those things. I cannot walk out of this wedding without telling the reason, although a part of me wants to get away from this, I cannot risk with my father's life. I can never forgive myself if something happens to dad. He will be heart broken, when he gets to know about all the fiasco that happened between me and Shiva.

My thoughts were broken when I saw someone sitting in the mandap, I looked up and saw it was Shiva. My breath hitched looking at him, my eyes teared up. I always wanted to see him in this attire. Only if the circumstances were different. Every time I see his face, I remember his words and the way he shattered my heart with them. The way he broke my dreams and his betrayal. I shook away my thoughts when I was made to sit next to him.

 I shook away my thoughts when I was made to sit next to him

Shiva's look resembles that of the man in this photo.

"You look ethereal Tanu." I stayed silent for his compliment.

"Did you notice something? I wore the pendant you gifted me." 

That caught my attention. I looked at him closely. He had worn the pendant and chain that I had gifted him for our anniversary. When I went to the jewelry store to buy something for myself, I had seen this chain and pendant. The first thought that came to my mind was Shiva would look like a royal if he wears this. And today indeed he looked like a royal. But I wasn't feeling happy seeing him wearing it.