Chapter 10

Shiva's POV:

*alarm rings

I wake up at the sound of my alarm. I see Tanu sleeping peacefully. I kiss her forehead and smile thinking how lucky I am to have her in my life.

After freshening up, I hit the gym, half way through it I recieve a call from my secretary Kishor. He normally wouldn't call me at this hour unless it's an emergency.

"Good morning sir, we have a situation sir" kishor starts.

"Tell me about it."

"Mr Ekanth is backing out from our deal"

He pauses before continuing,"Our competitor is trying to sabotage the deal sir"

"Setup a meeting with Ekanth at 8, I'll be there in office in an hour. I need the driver to be here by 7."

I cut the call and go to my room to take shower. I get ready and look at Tanu in the mirror. She is still sleeping. I place a sticky note on the side table that something important came up.

Shiva's Outfit

Shiva's Outfit

I grab an apple on the way and walk out of my penthouse. I have a private elevator in this building just for my penthouse.

When I reached the entrance of building, my car had already arrived the driver greets me , "good morning sir" and opens the car door.

I nod at him and tell him, "to my office" before getting inside car.

There is a news paper on the car seat ready for my, I read it while eating the apple.

I remember how Tanu had finished all the apples yesterday. She hates apple, then how come she ate them yesterday. I guess after living with me for so long, she has started liking the things I like.

We have been living together for sometime now. Honestly I can't even live without her for a day. Once she had been to her cousin's wedding. I remember calling her 5 times a day, to ask what she was doing. That was when I realised I'm whipped.

I wish my mom understands that Tanu is the best partner for me. She always thinks Tanu is behind me for my money. Which is so not true, but I am tired of making her understand that.

Just then my phone rings and I see my bestie Alia calling me. I pick the call, "hey Alia, good morning"

"Hey shiv, good morning to you too. I was thinking of going to the charity event with you"

"What makes you think that I am going to that event" I try to play with her.

"Come on shiv, I know you better than you know about yourself. So pick me up at 7pm" she cuts the call.

The nerve of this woman, I chuckle at her. We have known each other since we were in diapers. Until she moved abroad, we were inseparable. She knows all of my secrets and I know hers. If someone has nerve to talk like this to Shiva Goenka other than his family, would be Alia.