Chapter 56

Tanvi's POV:

My life over the last week has been the best over couple of months. I spent my days with mom, dad and Shiva. I can't remember the last time I sat with mom and dad like this talking and playing board games. While I was in college, I used to visit home during holidays which were almost for a month. We spent time together as a family watching movies or playing games or having dinner on the veranda during full moon day or talk about anything and everything. But after I started working, my visits were cut short, usually for festivals or some functions. Over this time, I never got to spend time with them like before. I didn't realize how much I missed those meets until last week. It was the first time Shiva spent so much time with mom and dad. Oddly, I had never been this relaxed since the fiasco. So, when mom suggested to go along with them after discharge, I told her I would think about it. After thinking for some time I found going with my parents was a good idea.

After looking at Shiva's face when I agreed with mom, I wanted to have a talk with him. I want to tell him that I didn't make this decision because I didn't want to stay with him. I can make out by the look on his face that he thinks I am going with my parents because I don't want to stay with him. I followed him into the room when he abruptly left from the living room. I saw him sitting on the bed and packing my hospital files.

"Shiva, I need to talk to you." I went over and sat next to him.

"I am all ears Tanu." he tried his best to sound normal, but I knew he was anything but normal right now.

"Are you not happy about me going with ma and papa?"

"I...I, it is not about me Tanu. Your comfort matters. Moreover, I have let you down and I have no right to ask you to stay."

"You are wrong Shiva." I said and he looked surprised at my words.

"What??"

"I am not going there because I don't want to stay with you. I want to go there because over the last week I realized how much I missed spending time with mom and dad. I want to spend so time away from the clutches of this busy city life. Mom and dad will constantly worry about me if I stay here."

"I am relieved knowing you are not going there because of me, but I am going to miss you. You know I cannot sleep without you next to me." I smiled at his words. I knew he cannot sleep without me. But he never admitted to it openly before. He always cuddles with me while sleeping. 

"I see. You can join me then. I know you will be busy with work here, but you can come there whenever you get time."

"I can always make time for you baby."

"Time will tell us about it. Now help me pack my bags."

We started packing our bags. Shiva packed some of his clothes too telling he will work in hybrid mode. After packing everything Shiva got our bags loaded to the car.

Ramya aunty had come to cook food. I went to talk to her.

"Tanu, it is so nice to see you back in the house. How are feeling now my dear?"

"I am feeling better now aunty. How are you, aunty?"

"I was worried about you Tanu. Are you guys going on a vacation?"

"No aunty. I am going to live with my parents in my hometown."

She stopped chopping vegetables, "Why dear? Is everything alright between you and Shiva?"

"Yea aunty, everything is alright. Mom and dad want me to stay there. I miss spending time with them. So, I am going."

"What about Shiva?"

"He said he will work in hybrid mode. He will come here when he has work. Aunty, can you take care of the garden while we are away?"

"Sure Tanu. I will take care of them. Can I ask you something?"

"Sure aunty."

"You are not planning to stay there permanently, right? I know you and Shiva have not decided anything about your relationship right now. I just want to tell you that listen to your heart. You deserve all the happiness in the world." she did touch wood gesture with her hand.

"Thanks aunty. As of now I have not decided anything. I am focusing on the baby. Thanks for your advice aunty."

"Haan, and don't forget to call me often."

"Yeah, aunty and take care of yourself."

"You too take care of yourself and my little bunny dear." We hugged each other.

After having lunch, we left for my hometown. We reached there around 5p.m. I unpacked my luggage and started arranging them in the wardrobe.

***********************************************

Days rolled by and mom has got fully immersed in the role of taking care of me. She has replaced my face wash with green gram powder and my bodywash with besan. I have to agree with her on this, my skin has never felt this good before. I have now decided to never switch back to my old skincare products. Mom has started growing some veggies in our backyard over the last year. She started doing it out of boredom. 

Now I am assisting her with that. I am on maternity leave now on doctor's advice. I read books in my free time or crochet something. So far, I made a beanie for dad, wallet for Isha (Tanvi's Sister), a bag for mom. I am still crocheting a sweater for Shiva that he doesn't know about. Speaking of Shiva, he works from home 3 days a week. Whenever there is something important that needs his attention, he will go there in person. 

His mom tried to call him a couple of times, he declined he call. I know he misses her. I tried to talk to him when he kept on declining his mother's call. I told him, I don't mind if he is in contact with his mother as long as she doesn't bother me or my child. He replied that he is not able to get over her betrayal and he is not sure if he can ever get over it. I didn't bring up that topic after that talk. Alia's startup had shut down suddenly and it was all over the news. I think Shiva is the one behind it. 

I am currently in my second trimester. I do yoga in the morning and meditation in the afternoon. The baby is healthy. And everything is back to normal. Shiva accompanies with me for all of my doctor's appointments. 

Dad has become livelier than before. He talks to me during dinner. He has not forgiven me yet, but I am sure he will. I can't be more happier.

-------END OF CHAPTER--------

Hi guys, hope you liked this chapter.

Please vote, comment and share the book.

Your votes and comments motivate me to update new chapters.