Chapter 43

Tanvi's POV:

I still can't believe that Shiva made up his mind to cut off his friendship with Alia just because he wanted me to feel secure. This thing was totally unexpected to me. My thoughts broke when Shiva entered my cabin. I checked the time, and it showed 35 past 11. Oh shoot, I got busy in work and lost track of time.

"Shiva, this will take two minutes. We will leave to the hospital after that." I said to him and started uploading the files I worked on to the drive.

"Actually Tanu, there is an urgent meeting from board of directors. I have arranged the car for you. I will join you as soon as the meeting is over." 

I lifted my face to look at him to see if he was kidding me. And guess what he was clearly not. I felt anger rising in me, but there are more important things to look at right now. Once the file was uploaded, I closed my laptop and took my bags to leave.

"Don't bother. I can manage on my own. I should have known." I wanted him to know that I am not going to wait for him in the clinic and I can do this on my own. 

"Tanu, please try to understand. It won't happen again." I didn't bother replying and went out.

I walked out of the building and saw his car waiting for me. The driver got down and came to open the door for me. I stopped him and said, "I am going on my own. Thank you."

"Mam, sir said that I should drop you to wherever you want to go."

"Change of plans, I am going on my own."

"What shall I tell boss? Please get in the car mam."

"You can tell your boss the same thing I told you."

"Please try to understand mam, boss might fire me for this."

"I will make sure he won't. I am getting late." I booked a cab to the hospital.

It took me 15 minutes to reach the location after waiting for the cab. I thought I was late for the appointment but thank God, the doctor had not arrived yet. I sat in the waiting area. I picked up a magazine and started reading it.  

I was called in after some time. I am not going to lie but I wanted Shiva to come with me to this appointment not because I cannot do this on my own, but because I wanted him to be a part of this. There is nothing I can do about it now.

"Good afternoon, please come in and have a seat" the doctor spoke.

"Good afternoon to you too doctor." I sat on the chair in front of the table.

"Has someone come along with you? You can call them in too."

"Actually, I came here all by myself."

"Ok, no problem."

She asked me a couple of questions about how I feel and morning sickness. She made a note of it and prescribed some multi vitamin tablets to take and a diet to follow throughout the pregnancy. 

"We will do an ultrasound scan to check how far along you are. Will that be fine?"

"Sure, doctor why not."

She rang the bell on her table and a nurse walked in. 

"Take her to the ultrasound scanning, I will be there in five minutes."

"Ok doctor." The nurse said.

I followed behind the nurse. She made me lie down on a bed and started setting up the apparatus. I was looking at it curiously. I was feeling nervous.

"Can I have some water?" I asked the nurse.

"Sure." she went out to get some water to me.

"Thanks." I said as she passed me the glass.