Chapter 25

Shiva's POV:

I left from there after she opened the door of the room. I didn't lift my face to look at Chimmi or her husband Rahul.

I couldn't face anyone now. I walked out of the apartment. Kishore ran towards me and the driver brought the car.

"Kishore, I need some time alone. You guys leave."

"Sir, I cannot leave you here all alone. It is not safe sir. It looks like it is going to rain soon too."

"I am not in the mood to argue with you. Just go already."

I started walking without knowing where to go. I am clueless right now. Her words are piercing my soul. Although she is right, I cannot let go of her. I love her truly. There is no Shiva without her. Maybe I have not shown her importance in my life, but she is the most important part of my life. Is it too late to make amends now? Why did I hesitate to do what she said? I don't know with whom I can share all these. I am feeling so lonely right now. 

I felt drops of rain falling on me. I looked towards the sky. A drop fell on my face. For the first time in my life standing in rain didn't bother me. I resumed walking. My phone started to ring. I couldn't care less about it. For all I care now is about Tanu. 

I used to hear people tell me that we will not know the value of something until we lose it. Today I realized how it felt. When I look back, I have never prioritized Tanu. I took her for granted. I never bothered to stop my mom when she was mocking or taunting Tanu. Initially I used to feel uneasy but later on I got used to it. 

My mom's acceptance was all that mattered. I thought that someday my mom would accept her. And all those taunts and mocking were like tests for Tanu to pass to get accepted by my mom. But her words were right, this is not how it should be. I should have defended her in front of everyone when she was not at fault. That is what a real partner would do. 

I cried my heart out. I let out all my emotions. 

My phone started ringing again. I chose to ignore it. When the ringing didn't stop, I took my phone out of the pocket and saw that dad was calling me.

I sighed before receiving the call.

"Hello." my voice was hoarse from crying.

"Where are you Shiva? We are worried about you. Kishore called me and told that you are refusing to get inside the car. The car is following you. It is raining for god sake, get inside the car right now and come to your penthouse. I will be waiting for you there. I will not take no for an answer." I looked back and the car was indeed following me.

"Ok dad." 

I got inside the car. The drive was silent.

Once we reached my penthouse. "Kishore you can leave now." I told him.

"Ok sir. Good night." he left from there.

I walked into the penthouse. Dad was sitting on the couch waiting for me.

"How did it go?"

"What?"

"I know you went to meet Tanvi. How did it go?"

"She said that she doesn't want to come back..." and explained him the whole conversation that between me and Tanu. 

"I bet she said that after all that happened."

"Are you also siding with her now?" I know I wronged her but he is my dad and he should side with me. 

"I am not siding with anybody. I would have done the same thing if I were in her place." Makes sense now.

"I know, I am the one who looks guilty here."

"Son, why did you want your mother's acceptance so much?"

"Because my mom means a lot to me. I didn't want to go against her."

"I understand that. But aren't you and Tanvi the ones living together after marriage or is it your mom and Tanvi?"

"OfCourse me and Tanvi dad."

"Then you should make your mom understand that you are happy. You are going to live with her throughout your life. There is nothing more you want than her beside you."

He continued "I know partly all of this is also my fault. You started to take care of the company at such a young age and all you thought about was bringing success to the company. It has affected you in such a way that now all you think about is company."

"Dad, please don't blame yourself for my mistakes."

"Then why did you say no to her when she asked you to announce to the world that you were dating her. Because somewhere inside you, you put the company before everything. You put it even before your love life and that is why you are in this position. Honestly speaking, all these successes will mean nothing if you don't have that right person beside you to share it with. This guilt will always keep eating you. For once think about yourself and Tanu, if you really want her in your life." 

"Yes dad, I will do it."

"What are you planning to do now?"

"I will make a plan to win her back, by showing her how much she means to me."

"You are right son, words mean worthless if your actions don't prove them. I hope you have learnt your lesson now and rectify your mistakes."

"Thanks dad." I hugged him. 

"Its ok son. Did you eat something from morning?"

I nodded my head negatively. I will order something for dinner then. I have asked your mom to not wait for me. I will have my dinner with you and then I will leave."

The food was delivered after half an hour. We finished eating it and dad left after that. I didn't have it in me to sleep in our bedroom.

It didn't feel the same without her there. I went to the guest room and lied on the bed. Sleep was far away from my eyes.

-------END OF CHAPTER--------

Hi guys, hope you liked this chapter.

Please vote and comment.

Your votes and comments motivate me to update new chapters.