Chapter 41

Tanvi's POV:

Next Morning:

I woke up to my alarm. The other side of the bed was empty. I could hear shower running in the bathroom. Shiva must have woken up before me. I then remembered that I was supposed to go to the office today.

When I was making up the bed, the bathroom's door opened and Shiva came out with nothing but a towel around his waist.

My throat went dry at the sight, and I was admiring his physique. He still has that effect on me after being together for so long.

"Like what you see Tanu?" he asked me, smirking.

"Can you be a little bit less delusional." 

I walked past him to freshen up, he held my arm.

"I need to give you something." My eyebrows furrowed at him.

What does he want to give me?

"Wait here." saying so he went to the closet and brought a bag.

He handed me the bag. I looked at him questioningly.

"I brought this as a gift to you. I thought of giving you yesterday itself, but I forgot about it."

I took out the saree from the bag. I was surprised.

"It is a handloom saree with Ilkal print. I know you love sarees with Ilkal print. I hope you like this one too." he said.

"It is nice, thank you." I said with a little smile on my face.

"I brought matching glass bangles as well." I nodded my head at him and went inside the bathroom.

I really appreciate the efforts he is putting into making this marriage work by bringing the things that mean a lot to me.

I took bath and wore the saree he gave me after finding a matching blouse. I did minimal makeup and left the room.

Ramya aunty was cooking something in the kitchen. I checked my office bag to see if I had kept everything necessary there.

"Hello putta. How are you? It has been so long since I saw you." aunty asked.

"I am good, aunty. How are you?"

"Same old, same old putta. Your face is glowing since the last time I saw you."

"I guess it is the perks of getting pregnant. The food smells so good. I can't wait to have these. Is it ready aunty?"

"Yes putta, it is ready go call Shiva. He is in the garden watering the plants."

"I'll be right back." I went to the garden. He was busy watering the plants humming a song.

The sound of my bangles caught his attention. He looked towards me. His lips parted. His face broke out into a huge grin.

"You look ethereal Tanu. I never expected you to wear it today. I am so happy to see you in this." he walked towards me and hugged me. I was taken back by his action.

After parting the hug I said, "Thank you. The breakfast is ready, come soon."

"I am done, let's go." He kept the water can on the ground and came along with me.

"Why are you here in garden at this hour?" I asked him curiously.

"It had been so long since I watered them. Since I had time today, I thought of doing it."

We settled in the dining table and started having breakfast.

"It is so nice to see you both eating together. Always stay happy and together." she said keeping her hands on mine and Shiva's head.