Chapter 35

Tanvi's POV:

I knocked on the door of dad's study. I heard a faint 'come in' from inside. I opened the door and went in. I was walking in here for the first time.

Behind the table, dad was sitting studying a file and Shiva was nowhere to be found. Seeing me searching for someone, dad spoke "He left some time ago. Come and have a seat."

I nodded at him and sat on a chair.

"You might be wondering why I called you here right?" I nodded again. I know he wants to talk something serious with me. Although, he has been anything but good to me from the beginning of my relationship with shiva, I am not sure if he has my best interest in mind. After the interaction with my mother-in-law, I understood that I cannot trust anyone here.

"I wanted to talk to you about Shiva."

"What about him?"

"He was manipulated to take those decisions."

I gave him a confused look, so he continued.

"Regarding announcing his marriage with Alia. His mother left him no other option him dear. Shiva is very fond of his mother. I am sure you know that as well. During his childhood years, I was always busy with business, so I couldn't spend time with Shiva. She was always there with him and took care of him. She helped him in taking decisions from his childhood days. That is the reason why Shiva regards his mom's approval over everything else."

" As you know he took over Goenka Industries when we were facing the loss, he was still a teenager. He was burdened with responsibility that was too big for his age. Only if I was successful in business then my son would have enjoyed his early adulthood like every other person. And probably you both would not be in this position, because he still puts his company’s best interests over everything else. I am grateful to you because you stuck with him even during those times when he was not able to give you enough time. You completely deserve to be with him. I hope you forgive him and give this marriage a chance."

“It’s not that easy to forget everything and move on like nothing happened between us. There is only so much I can take. I didn’t deserve to be treated like the way he did with me in the past. It partly my fault too because I let him treat me that way, instead of breaking up with him. Anyways, It wouldn’t make a difference talking about it now. I will think about what you said. Good night dad.”

“Thanks, dear. Good night.”

I left dad’s study room and went to Shiva’s bedroom, well its partly mine too now. I was climbing the stairs when I received a text message.

I opened the message. It was from Chimmi, she was asking me regarding how I am feeling about the marriage and wedding night. What the freaking hell. It made me anger and nervous at the same time. It had slipped from my mind that tonight would be my wedding night. I heard my mother in law’s voice from the corridor of her room.

“Come here. I need to get you ready for your wedding night.”

“I..I” words got stuck in my mouth.

“I am tired as hell today, make it fast.”
I went upstairs. I was intrigued as to why she was interested in doing it. After all she was trying to separate me from her son.

She hurriedly took me to some of the guest rooms in her floor. She asked me to wear the saree she had given me. She made me wear some jewelries.

                Tanvi's outfit

                Tanvi's outfit

         Tanvi's mangalsutra

“Why are doing all these things?”

“I am putting up with you for my son. I don’t want him to know my real intentions with you.”

“Aren’t you afraid that I will tell him?”

“Nah! Even if you do so. He will not believe you. So, I have nothing to worry about. Remember he agreed to marry Alia after listening to me. Take that glass of milk and get lost.” That hit a spot. I took the glass kept on the table.

“I do not intend to stay another minute near you.” I retorted to her words and left from there.

As I walked towards the bedroom I held the glass tightly. I was continuously questioning myself, why am I doing this? I did not want this, be it this marriage or staying with Shiva or near his mom listening to her mocking words.

I image of my dad popped up on my mind. I have to do it for my dad. He always wanted me to be happy. He believed that life will be beautiful and peaceful if we live with the person we fall in love with. When I told him about my feelings for shiva, he was happy that I found my love. If he comes to know that the person I fell in love with betrayed me, then his heart will be shattered. I cannot let that happen.

I have to do this for my dad. His happiness is everything to me.

I knocked on the door and entered it.

Shiva was talking to someone in his phone facing the window. When he heard the noise of door opening, he turned towards me. He cut the call as soon as he saw me and walked towards me.

"I can't believe you are my wife now. With this mangalsutra and vermillion you look so beautiful darling." His eyes glistened as he touched the vermillion on my head and mangalsutra.

I flinched away from his touch. He face fell.

"With great regret I am your wife now. I'd rather have married someone else, if not for the circumstances."

I guess I hit a nerve. He looked angry now. He moved towards me. I stepped back until my back hit the door. He kept his hands on either side of the door.

-------END OF CHAPTER--------

Hi guys, hope you liked this chapter.

Please vote and comment.

Your votes and comments motivate me to update new chapters.