.13

Neteyam and Lo'ak hung their heads low as we walked into our Mauri. However, I held my head high, those sons of bitches deserved it.

"What was the one thing I asked? The one thing!" Jake scolds us once we're inside the Mauri.

"Stay out of trouble," we all mumble.

"Stay out of trouble, right!" Jake sighs.

"It was my fault-," Neteyam tries.

"I don't think so, you gotta stop takin the heat for these knuckleheads," Jake looks over at Lo'ak and I.

"Look dad, Aonung was picking on Kiri, he called her a freak," Lo'ak explains and Jakes face softens.

He sighs heavily, moving his head as he debates what to do next. "Go apologise to Aonung."

What?

"What?" Lo'ak says confused.

"He is the chiefs son, do you understand? I don't care how you do it, just go make peace. Just go," Jake sighs, stepping out of the way so Lo'ak can leave.

"Jake, this is not Lo'aks fault and you know that," I scold, walking towards him once Lo'ak left the room.

"Don't T, the only reason I'm not making you go apologise as well is because I know you won't," He stares at me sternly.

"Lo'ak was in the right," I say firmly as I leave the Mauri.

He always does this. Jake blames everything on Lo'ak but then doesn't give him the chance to explain himself.

I look up ahead and see Lo'ak talking to Tsireya. She points at something in the distance and he nods his head, thanking her.

He shouldn't have to apologise

"T!" Juxco calls out as he runs up to me.

"Juxco," I smile, walking towards him.

"Did you get home safe last night, didn't get lost?" Juxco asks worried.

Nope

After Aonung so kindly offered to take me back to the village I pushed him off me and walked away.

Eventually I found my way back to the Mauri, took a couple wrong turns but in the mince of it I found this really cool tree.

When I climbed up it I could see over all the other trees and look at the water. I could also see some of the village which was a bonus because it's how I found my way home.

"Yea, found my way," I shrug and he smiles.

"Some of my friends and I are going to hang out on the beach, have a fire, your welcomed to join," He offers.

"I don't know, how far is it?" I scratch my forehead.

"Just there," he points to all of his friends who were stacking rocks in a circle.

"Oh well then, I'd love to," I smile and he claps his hands excitedly.

"Let's go," he starts walking and I follow him.

Hopefully this is fun

"Hey, you remember T?" He walks up to Skaus and Gyxka who were sitting on the sand.

"Oh yes, come sit," Skaus pats the spot next to her.

I sit down next to her, smiling slightly as I watch Metkayina kids I didn't know attempt to light a fire.

"What's it like having an extra finger?" Gyxka asks with furrowed brows.

She didn't say it rudely or sarcastically with an annoying grin. She said it kindly, with wondrous eyes and she looked generally curious.