.29

Aonung POV

I hurried everyone away, ushering them back to their Mauris to give T some space. She would've lost so much blood and now she's growing through all this pain because she helped me first.

It's all my fault.

Dad and more healers run towards her. Kneeling down with all their supplies. I hear scattered gasps and winces from them once they see her condition.

The Sullys stood off to the side, the little one was crying heavily whilst Neteyam hugged her. Kiri prayed to Eywa repeatedly and Lo'ak just stared at the ground, Neytiri rested her hand on Lo'aks shoulder.

"She's fainted," I hear my mum tell the other healers.

From the corner of my eye I see Neytiri run away quickly, back towards the village. What is she doing?

T's cut was so deep, I could see bone. She should've helped herself and not me. Now she's in all this pain and it's because of me. Her shoulder was also busted, out of the socket from when I pushed her away. I'm the reason she's hurt.

Fuck

"Aonung?" Juxco taps my shoulder and I flinch.

"Hey what's up?" I smile.

"What's happening?" He asks slowly, looking over towards the group of healers huddled around a body.

"T, she um, sh- she got bit by an Akula on her thigh, right to the bone," I gulp nervously.

"What?" Juxco whispers.

I nod my head, looking back at her. All I could see was one of her feet, otherwise she was completely shielded by healers and leaves.

They didn't move her because she was in too much pain, bleeding everywhere and they needed to attend to her wounds straight away.

"Is she awake?" Juxco asks hesitantly.

"She fainted not too long ago," I scratch the back of my head.

"Shit," Juxco curses softly.

If I just let go of her when we flew on Xayk we never would've fallen off. We never would've gotten stuck in the ocean. The Akula would never have bit her.

If I had brought a weapon of any kind I could've protected us and stopped the Akula from biting her.

If I saw the cave sooner we could've hid in there until Xayk came and she never would've been bit.

This all my fault.

Neytiri runs towards them, something green in her hand. She pushes everyone out of the way, one healer being pushed onto the ground in the process.

Juxco and I move closer to see what she's doing. Neytiri pulls T's head back, opening her mouth and feeding her the green item that was in her hand as she slowly puts her head back on the sand.

Please work

I see T's tail flick, then her toes scrunch and her fingers gnaw at the sand below her. She chews the food in her mouth, swallowing as her eyes open wide.

Her face scrunches up in pain as her mouth hangs open and she lets out a loud scream.

"My leg!" She yells, breathing heavily.

Mum continued to work on her thigh, despite Neytiri waking her up and this seems to only be causing her more pain.

"Ronal please!" T whimpers.

"This will help, only stings for a bit," Mum says, refusing to look at T's face.

T buries her face in the sand, her whole body shaking repeatedly as she tries to suppress her cries from the pain.

This is all my fault

I hear the little girl, Tuk cry harder in Neteyams arms, I even see a tear drop from his eyes. Lo'ak has turned around, covering his ears with his hands so he doesn't hear T's screams. Kiri still prays.

I look over to Juxco and he has a hand covering his mouth as his eyes begin to water. Everyone around me was crying, I even saw Jake shed tears.

But yet I didn't cry.

My eyes felt so dry as I stared at T's shaking, painful body. I felt so bad for her, so sad, but not a single tear arose to my eyes.

"Please!" She screams, her tail whipping the air around her violently.

"Please," I whisper, only wanting Eywa to hear.

She lets out a long pained scream, trying to cover it with coughs but the pain was too much. T has been bit by an Akula down to the bone and she still refuses to admit it hurts.

I look down at my makeshift loincloth, smiling at its poor endurance. She ripped part of her top so I could make it, helped me find all the parts but refused to help me make it. T claimed that 'she didn't care'.

T ripped her loincloth to help with my wound. She had nothing and still managed to stop me from bleeding out, and make me last this long.

"What happened to you?" Juxco points to my stomach, clearly trying to get his mind off T.

"The Akula, T helped me instead of her self and now she's- she, she's really hurt," I whisper the last part, squinting my eyes shut.

"Aonung, it's not your fault," Juxco see right through me easily.

"It is, if I hadn't of got bit we would've helped her wound and she wouldn't be like this!" I whisper yell.

"She'll be okay," Juxco says calmly.

"Wh- what if she's not?" I bite my bottom lip to stop it from quivering.

Water begins to swell in my eyes, I finally have tears to cry, but I won't cry. I wipe any tears that threatened to break and take a deep breath.

"T will be okay," Juxco says more firmly.

"But- okay," I decide it's best not to argue.

"And once she's feeling better your going to tell her how you feel," He punches my chest lightly.

Huh

"What?" I furrow my brows.

T let's put another loud scream and I flinch, looking over at her immediately. She's still covered by all the healers but I can see her tail still moving. That's good.

"Tell her," Juxco raises his brows.

"What are you talking about?" I scoff, crossing my arms over my chest.

"You'll understand soon," He nods his head.

I sigh in defeat, turning away from Juxco and facing the healers.

My mum wears a stern look on her face, so focused and concentrated. I've never seen her so determined.

Jake and Neytiri stand close by, holding each other as they wait for their T to stop feeling such great pain.

I look towards the village and see some Navi standing on the docks of their Mauris, trying to see what's happening. Trying to see who's experiencing so much pain.

"No, no. No- AHH!" She whales as my mum pops her shoulder back into place.

And then it happened, a tear fell. A tear dropped from my right eye and fell onto my cheek, then onto the sand below me.

I haven't cried in 10 years. I promised myself I would never cry again because it never helped, it only made things worse.

Yet here I stood, a single tear slipping from my eye.

For T

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

✌️ I am sorry
Jokes 🤪 #nopainnogain

What's so bad about crying?

Don't forget to vote <3