That's All It Takes

Hongjoong's POV:

I cannot believe I'm at his doorstep, but Hyunjin psyched me up enough for it.

"Hongjoong?" Seonghwa opened the door seeming confused. My heart started beating at the sight of his newly dyed pink hair. How did he plan on being intimidating when he looked like a pretty flower?

"Can I come in?" He nodded and led me to his bedroom. I felt like it would be inappropriate to sit on his bed with him so I just leaned against the closed door. "I'm going to say what's been on my mind."

"Okay."

"I was not disgusted by the kiss." He furrowed his eyebrows, continuing his endless confusion. "I just didn't want...our first kiss to be like that." He was completely lost at that point, I could tell. "What I'm trying to say...is that I...I like you...I think I love you...I definitely do. I just know you never felt that way so I never tried. I know you'll always look at me as your best friend because all you do is take care of me like I'm some little kid. But I'm really sorry for shutting you out, I just didn't know how to process it." Seonghwa's eyes were closed as he took everything in. He got up off his bed and walked over as he towered above me, then wrapped his arms around my waist and held me close. "Are we gonna be okay?" I was terrified that my confession would permanently destroy any hope left for us.

"More than okay." He pulled away from me and kissed me. I leaned into his soft lips, running my fingers through his pink hair.

"What the hell is happening?" I was somewhat panicking because I had no idea what that meant.

"I kissed you that night because I thought I would never be able to do that again." He caressed my cheek and tilted my head up to look him in the eye. "I never thought I had a chance."

"Have you liked me all this time?" Is that what he was trying to say? I could barely comprehend his words because I was still stuck on the greatest kiss of my life.

"All this time." He nodded.

"But what about Minho? What was that about?"

"He needed to get over Jisung and I needed to get over you because you were with Shuhua. Now what about Hyunjin?"

"What about Hyunjin?"

"Aren't you guys hooking up?"

"What? No. Why does everyone think that?" If Yunho and Seonghwa both brought it up, I could only assume that speculation stemmed from someone in the group.

"It's just that you hang out everyday, that's all." He shrugged.

"That's like assuming you hook up with Mingi. Use your brain, beautiful." He immediately started to blush and looked away.

"Yeah, I guess you're right."

"He's my friend, nothing more. All we do is talk about you and Felix."

"You talk about me?"

I sheepishly nodded. "A lot."

He smiled in disbelief. "I can't believe this."

"So what now?"

"What now?" He smiled as if it were obvious. He picked me up and took me on the bed. I felt like I was on cloud nine as he bombarded my face with kisses.

"This is like the greatest day of my life." I laughed.

Seonghwa looked at me fondly, completely infatuated.

"I want this to be something."

"Then we'll make it something."

"We need some catching up to do before we go anywhere."

"Yes, we do." I pulled him down for another kiss, unable to keep my hands off him.

I don't think it would be this easy if it were any other person. Seonghwa is so understanding and he always listens. He's forgiving and gentle, apparently even more so when it comes to me. I just can't believe all I had to do was talk to him and everything would be better than ever. That's really the answer.

Just to talk.