questions and answers

Eve's pov

He kissed me. And I did not reject him. I let him touch me, kiss me. There has always been a strange tug toward him, the way my body reacted to our questionable proximity, the way he treated me, how I longed for him, had never felt this way for anyone. But I have never thought of hugging or kissing him. But when he held my hand and kissed me, I order my body to protest, let go of him but my body my thoughts betrayed me, savouring every second of his touch, against my body, against my lips. There, I understand what was that strange tug was, why my own body betrayed me.

He was hesitant to leave after what happened in the kitchen, I put everything in my effort to convince him to go home.

It felt so beautiful being in his arms, his touch, the way he laughs.... until a warning came from the back of my mind,' you shouldn't fall for another guy, he'll only end up hurting you.'
Suddenly all that happiness disappeared as a swift fear crept in my body.

I had a bad past, Ray was my colleague we were in relationship until he turned jealous of my progress in work and all the attention I was getting, he grew suspicious of me, he became bitter and he started to hurt me emotionally and he kept on forcing me to leave my job for which I refused strongly, it's my dream job I wanted to be an interior designer all my life for that I pursued my career in that area, I even left my home city and my parents for this job, I couldn't just leave my job for the sake of this toxic relationship.
I tried to broke up with him, he didn't like that so one day he came to my home drunk and thrashed everything around,he became violent, hurted me physically.
Mr.Brown helped me from that mess and fired him, he even gave him a warning if he ever tries to hurt me again he'll report against him.

After that I didn't see him but what he did to me left me forever hatred towards relationships, not just an intimate but any kind of relation. Being close or trusting another human being has became not my cup of tea. since then I never let anyone come near me. I took an oath to myself to remain single forever.

But I'm afraid Anthony is going to change everything, I'm not ready for another heart break, I won't be able to save myself from getting hurt again once I fall deep for him. what if he's just like Ray, no no Anthony is not that kind of person. But how would I know? I don't know much about his personal life or his family, pretty much everything.

Still my heart jumps with joy whenever I see him, I enjoy every moment with him. What should I do? I seem to fall for him a bit more with every moment spent with him. Should I give myself another chance? what if he's my forever? Or what if he's someone who have come in my life just to remind me I'm better off alone..?