Effects of Justin

" Frey you should get hold of your temper infront of our staff" I snapped at Frey once the room emptied.

Frey gritted his teeth his jaw tilting left to right. " That asshole" he walloped his fist on the table. " After all these years he couldn't get on with his failure  and what he had ruined" a shade of softness crossed his face. Probably memories of someone who could have replaced this rage with something else, love. But it's no more a possibility.

Although he's righteous to be furious but I'm worried where this indomitable rage of his will drag him.

" We can handle him Frey. we had already done once and we'll do it again"
" You clearly know why he's doing this so don't let him get the best of you" I tapped on his shoulder in hope to neutralize his emotions. I need to cool his burning anger before it consumes him and the entire building along with all of us.

"We'll discuss about him at my home, drop the stone dead grimace already. You've triumphantly managed to scare off everyone. You're worst than our fathers " that did bring a smile on his face,but it faded as quickly as it came.

*********

"I'm sorry I fell asleep when you went to work" Eve said apologetically. I squeezed her in for a forehead kiss. She squealed in pain. I retreated back apologising.

"I'm sorry I had to leave you like this. I wanted to stay but something unavoidable came at the office" pent up weariness flushed out in a ponderous sigh having a single glance at her. " How are you feeling, is it still hurts?" I took her wrapped-in-sling hand in my hands as gentle as I could.

"No it's fine. Bearable" she mustered a smile for me. "What's the unavoidable. Any problem?" Her brows slightly scrunched

" Yeah it's more than a problem. We're about to enter in a battle field" I examined her hand and placed it on the pillow.
"Battle?" She puzzled.

"An old foe from past showed up out of nowhere threatening our business and Frey is as much interested to fight back"

"Whoa"

"That's a twisted story. Leave it. Did you eat something" I removed my coat and loosened the tie.
"Yeah I ate a french salad and I'm bored as hell being abandoned alone here for past three hours. I got more sick watching those cheesy boring TV shows than the one I physically got. Brenda won't let me move from here" her face turned tomato red.
"And I want to hear what happened "

" You sure 'coz it's a long story baby"
"Yes and that'd be great because I've got a lot of time, where am I gonna go?!" She gestured at her broken hand.

A chuckle escaped my mouth
"Alright I'll take you back to the history"
"You will?" She soundsed enthralled like she's going to watch one of those Disney movies that she loves.
"Wait wait" she tried to stand up from her designated place.
"Hey where are you going?" I stopped her from moving
"Let me grab an ice-cream tub, we could binge on it" I shook my head in disbelief.
" Icecream!"
"Yes" I didn't want to but I can't say no to those twinkling eyes.
"I'll bring it" I went to the kitchen and brought a chocolate chips brownie ice cream from the freezer.

She giggled like a five year old and grabbed open it and shoved a spoonful in her mouth.
It's good to be home. Where she is. Happy. Comfort. Heaven.