weapons of obsession

"They did not" I shook my head insinuating 'yes' my lips curled inside
"Yes they did" I bobbed my head.
"I knew it was stupid but Frey said they weren't serious and anyway she wasn't Justin's girlfriend anymore. But Justin did take it personally and serious. He confronted Frey, gave him a warning to leave her. you could imagine what Frey must had done"

"He continued" she hesitated
"He continued" "and that made things worse between them eventually for all of us"
" Months before our graduation they ended their relationship or whatever that was. It was never serious for Frey and I guess it wasn't for her too. But It gave an infernal gratification to Frey that he's fucking Justin's ex girlfriend and he knew Justin cared " I tilted my head towards her who's chewing the spoon and listening to me as if her future depends on it.
"7 years later he inherited his father's business, I'm sure he blackmailed he's father after somehow he had found out Frey became the CEO of our business. It should be the only logical explanation otherwise... why? after all these years he suddenly becomes the CEO and the first thing he does is target our business. He went insanely so far that he's trying to buy us out from our own business. Can you believe that? "

"That's messed up"
"Yes. It is. And with Frey, it's going to be very hard. He won't back up he'll go any extremes if it means to win against Justin "
A boisterous exhale made it way out after I completed the story. I felt as if a heavy cloud dissipated into air before it blocked the tunnels of relaxation.

My head felt light and free, not empty but clear. My nerves relaxed around her presence, an entire day of exhaustion evaporated.
By walking her through a nickel tour of our past I got a clear understanding of Justin's unexpected return into our lifes.

Frey is out there probably creating a war plan. Putting together his new found obsession over weapons for a try. I cordially hope he never gets an opportunity to use them.  Poor Justin. I'd suggest he'd stayed wherever he was before potentially throwing himself to a monster like Frey. I don't want to deprecate Justin either. Seven years. He must have had his own monstrous obsessions. But there's no doubt, He will be the prey and Frey will be the  hunter not the other way around. Because even though Frey pushed the past into chasms of unknown and created a morally different dimension for a new beginning but I doubt that there were always flickers of past pricking through the thick walls he built around it. It never left.