The story

Anthony's pov

After a long and exciting week, we both focused on our responsibilities and barely spent time together but still we managed to steal some time to see each other, I'm addicted to her, it's becoming very hard to spend a day without her, I miss her too much, she has become the centre of my gravity.

It's heart breaking to stay away from her for this long time, so I decided to meet her today I completed all my assignments and meetings on time, I've never felt this excited to meet someone, happiness to meet her overflowing through my face. she really got me twisted in knots.

I was about to enter when Mr.Brown and me have crossed the paths, he greeted me and invited me to wait in his office while she completes her work.

"I'm glad that Eva found someone like you Mr.Amos, she's a great girl, after what she has been through I never thought she'll ever be ready to start a new relationship" I stared at him with great confusion

'new relationship ' what is he talking about?
I asked him the same.
"She didn't tell you?" He questioned me in return

"What do you mean?"
"Oh I think it's best if she's the one to tell you" he waved his hand in denial to let this matter slide.
"Mr.Brown about what exactly are you talking?" I insisted him on telling me what's this all about, I need to know what's going on, he sounded like something bad happened with her, the thought that she was hurted by someone was unbearable.

He stuttered but sighed and began to tell me
" She's been in an abusive relationship a few years ago"
My brows curved into a frown on hearing 'abusive', my blood pressure started to rise slowly
"Ray used to be an employer here when Eva first joined our firm, they were fine for a few months until she became successful in her work, he grew jealous of her popularity and the attention she was getting, so he started to abuse her emotionally, not so long after, one day he thrashed everything making a ruckus at her home and hurted her physically." He's face drowned in pity, he did not sound happy at all.

My blood is boiling inside, my fist clenched, I got vexed I want to find him and kill that bastard this instance.

"We found her in such a terrible state and admitted her in the hospital, after that incident she was pretty much shaken and had to take therapy and all" he was distraught
"After all these years now I see her happy and gave a chance to herself" he caught my hands in his and spoke in kind of requesting tone
"I hope you may not be able to give her heaven atleast try not to be a hell for her" there was so much concern and honesty in his eyes.

I was fuming with anger, but when he held my hands I cooled down a little bit because someone like Mr.Brown  vouches for this girl, like she means so much to him he cares for happiness like she's his own daughter.

" I won't ever do such a thing to her Mr.Brown, I promise" I assured him with all my heart.
" She is the love of my life and there's no one in this world who would dare lay a finger on her" my sincerity and determination for her was all over my my face, which brought a happy smile on his face.