Doll

"How far are we from finishing the recruitment process at Ohio's new branch.... I expect.." my mobile screen gleam bright grabbing my attention to it. I took a glance at it not letting it distract the omnious vibe that occupied the meeting hall.
'My love' a suspicious feeling settled at the name chime in on the screen. Eve doesn't call me much in my working hours and I'd just had a little conversation not so long ago. She knew I was going to attend a meeting, she undeniably wouldn't call me when she clearly knows I'm in the middle of a meeting.

What could happen? Cluster of questions swarmed my conscious but I tried not to let them unhinge my engrossed attention from the congregation in front of me. After a few vibrations the line cut and the screen blackened.
  I slid the rushing scenarios aside and brought back my attention to the horde waiting for me to complete.

"I want a best team of seniors in every department and disperse to the Ohio for the trainin...." My speech interrupted once again by the flash blinking on my mobile screen. Illuminating the space around it pulling not just mine but the bunch of people gathered around the table's glares too.

A frustrated groan made it way out. My teeth grinding inside my clenched jaw. sinful traits building in my brain to hurt the unlucky jerk as my patience was wearing thinner than a thread. I directed my sight towards the gleaming screen. My back stiffened straight.

It's her.
Again.
That's it, something is definitely wrong.

I excused myself from the people waiting for my reaction and stormed out of the room.

"Eve what's wrong" my tone heavy and ruffle.
"Ahhh.." a pause before she answered.
"Eve?" Apprehension plagued my nerves.
"I'm.. nothing happened but can you bring a doll to the Xavier's hospital" she hesitantly said.
'hospital?'  Is she hurt? Something happened to her? my ability to think properly blocked for a fraction of second.
"Hospital? Are you in a hospital right now? What happened? I'm coming" I stopped in my tracks when I remembered hearing 'doll'
Why does she want a doll? In the hospital?
"Did you say doll?" I needed to make sure I heard right or it's just my brain playing tricks on me while processing the news I just heard.
"Yes" she said calmly.
I fastened my pace towards the elevator. To the exit I literally reached the main door in few long strides.
"Eve what happened? Why are you in hospital? And what's with the doll?" I tried to put the pieces together when there were literally two and and awfully contrast.
"Anthony Anthony please calm down I'll explain everything once you're here please. I'm....okay" she assured me but the way she struggled to imply she's fine got me worked up worse.
I needed to see her this instant. I need to make sure she's safe. The mere thought of she might be hurt ignited a pool of anger and torturous vain. I can't accept it. She's fine she's got to be fine.

Damn it why am still so far from the said hospital. Time seems to stretch with every passing minute. Why this path to the hospital is so long? Am I driving in enough speed? The speedometer hinting otherwise. Hiking to 90 mtrs/sec. I released the accelerator a notch down when the 'doll' flashed in between my thoughts.

"Fuck. A DOLL" the GPS in my mind scanned around the geography where I'm currently passing through and I remembered there's a mall in few meters.

I hastened the speed of the car. My knuckles gripping the wheel painfully tight as if the squeeze could fasten it bit more.
I picked the first doll I laid my eyes on and paid for it. I made my way out to the car without wasting a second bothering about the surroundings. The world can burn in hell but all I care now is my love and I'm not going to waste a fucking second worrying about the pondered glares.