the unknown beginning

Forever hers-3

"Arrrgghh.. " This is ridiculous. I was cursing Mr. Brown inside my head...

"Mr. Brown how can I go and meet the CEO for a simple permission for 2 days of their employees time? Can we just ask his PA to ask him and fix the time?" I asked him with an impatient look.

"Look Ms. Scott that's exactly I'm going to do, I'll ask his PA for an appointment and you go talk with him"...he said with a determined smile trying to convince me.

"I think you should go and talk with him...."

He cut me off by waving his hand saying" see Ms. Scott I cannot go to every clients place to discuss every little detail for each and every project, you do realize there are also other teams working on other projects right! I have other works too."

He concluded like it's his final decision.

I left his office frustrated.

Two days after the discussion, we got an appointment with the CEO. But do you know how much time he gave me "20 MINUTES" like really dude is so busy or he might be thinking this meeting is a waste of time... I chuckled a little under my breath because honestly this is a waste of time, he could've just given permission through his PA.

Finally the day has come, I arrived at his office 15 minutes before because who knows if he cancels my meeting just because I came late for a minute or so, also I wanted to finish this business as soon as possible so that I could actually focus on my main work.

They directed me to a waiting room, which was calm and neat, there was no one except me so I took the liberty to walk around the room to observe the interior...my professional enthusiasm kicked in and I explored all the details so that I don't repeat the same design, actually the interiors was not so bad. Well curated colours for an office environment... I continued my research..

"Mr. Fedrik will see you now," said he's assistant.

I startled myself for a second then saw a man smiling at me.

"Thank you" I said with a smile as I walked towards his office.

I knocked at the door a little "come in" a strong voice came through the door and I entered.

The room was big, with medium bright lights and there was even a sofa near a corner giving a vibe like rich people's study.

He was sitting in his big boss chair, tapping on his laptop, the first thing I saw was his face as i entered, the curiosity to see how the MR.CEO looks like kicked hard.

He sure was handsome, I could only see up to his torso because he was sitting in his chair seriously working in his laptop, he was wearing a suit but he put his coat aside, that black waist coat suited his structure perfectly, he looked no less than a super model. He looked at me for a precise second when I entered and smiled and continued working in his laptop.

"Good afternoon Mr. Fedrik, I'm Eva Scott from Sunshine interiors" I introduced myself with a little smile.

"Afternoon Ms. Scott.. How are you doing" he asked me in return.

"Good, thanks I said and took a seat in front of his table.

He sighed and closed his laptop

"So what is it you wanted to talk about"

"As me and my team were discussing we came across an idea to take the opinion of your employees how they want their workspace to look like, so we want to talk with them, you know like an interview.." i explained

For which he thought for a brief second swinging in his chair to the left and right, with a confused look

He said an interview? He raised his eyebrows at me with a sarcastic smile

"Ms. Scott do you know there are about thousands of employees working in this very building as we speak, and hundreds of people come and go to complete their everyday assignments, it would take an entire year for you to interview them all, I don't think I have that much time for a renovation" he completed without breaking his stare at me.

I stared at him with a surprising and amazed look all the while he was talking.

I gathered and said "No sir I'm not planning on spending a year on this project either, we won't interview each and everyone but some group of people in every department, by conducting a questionnaire or team interview." I said confidently.

Which seems like convinced him, he slightly nodded and sighed,

"Okay then Ms. Scott I'll give you two days time I'll let my staff know that your team will come so that neither of us have to waste our times."

"Perfect" I said with a full smile on my face.

"That's settled then, nice meeting you " he stood up and forwarded his hand to shake.

I shook his hand saying "Thank you Mr. Fedrik" continuing my smile.

His palm was smooth and his grip was strong, he shook my hand like an elite business man. His palm almost swallowed my hand I felt so tiny.