the conference

ANTHONYS POV

"You ready" I asked Frey. He cocked his head to me and said "Always". He is more excited to show the glory of his success before Justin. Boy loves the drama.

That devil.

Its our first public conference where Justin Heath would be making his first appearance after taking over the business. I haven't told Frey about Sara being the Head of the branch for obvious reasons. In fact, he doesn't have an idea about Saras existence yet. I hope he'd handle it well finding it out in front of a crowd full of allies and competitors.

We entered the conference hall which was already buzzing and happening with the industry delegates and media people shouting and running after them for a mere pose. As expected, all the journalists and media persons crowded us when they acknowledged our entourage. A job for our security to handle, and they did well.

A burning scrutiny from a friend turned foe drew our attention. Justin Heath, along with some other industry seniors burning holes through his eyes in our direction. Frey, being the savage, rub off an invisible dust off his shoulder. I did not want to make it obvious so I gulped down a grin. But I'm quite sure Justin caught that.

Some of the top tier tech industrialists came to welcome us. Frey enjoyed every second of being the attraction diminishing Justin in to thin disrespect. Until.

"Hello gentlemen" a bold silky voice made every ones head turn to the side.

Sara. Sara Heath.

"Hope I'm not interrupting anything" she drawled. Silky voice, charming, long and thick lashes. A beautiful vision in modern, fine, and a top-notch designer suit. The silky black jacket highlighted her shoulders and complexion of her glistening skin. "Sara Heath, the Head of the new branch that launched in Brooklyn of Heath Industries" She presented her position so gracefully. Men around her started welcoming her and introduced themselves as well.

Every other gentleman in the group lost in the beauty offering her hand to them. I could swear I saw some of them let their jaws drop for moment and drew it back before others could notice. They came in to the realization of where they were and who they were and shrug off the mist spread by the utter beauty before them.

I lifted my eyes in the direction of Frey. He stiffened where he stood. The grin that laced the entirety of his presence a few minutes ago dissolved without any traces and replaced by blood. It was a punishment to witness him like that. A devil of a man stupefied by a woman. I was glad that I let him discover her presence and her role, in the reality otherwise I had no idea how he would receive the news.

He didnt move so much as an inch after her introduction. The anger, shock and disbelief. I observed his anger taking over every other emotion that might have present a while ago. His knuckles twisting in to fists. Turned white and red. His jaw ticking with anger.

"Hold it" I warned. A mere whisper on his shoulder.

Justin's face lit up with pride. He enjoyed his plan playing to success.

Frey was burning alive in front of me in the invisible flames of anger. For a moment there it was unbearable to see my friend struggling to keep it whatever emotion drilling his head or heart. I seriously wanted to do something which could ease that burning. All I could do was stand and trust the devil that dwell in him to not let him attempt anything that would strip him out of his respect.

Frey excused himself and disappeared in to the quite halls of the private rooms. Such relief. Thanks to the devil. Well better than staring a fight.

For whatever its worth Sara swayed most of the industry seniors with her charm. Justin, on the other hand enjoyed every minute of Freys disappearance. Frey returned after a while but did not budge a freckle as he watched her making her presence notable. The conference started and we were acknowledged as the young and successful debuts. We had an interaction with the media and the entrepreneurs who also attended the conference. Poor Justin apart from Sara he had no weighable content on his plate to contemplate to the meeting. He remained audience. Frey's grin returned at the end of the day.