Most awaited night

The place was magnificent inside. High ceilings intricated with paintings of cupids and romantic couples and stained-glass windows. Even the floor seemed to glow. The paintings on the ceiling reflected on the glowing marble floor. The whole place screamed regal and rich on my face. Though I was not accustomed to such luxurious things it didn't feel much awkward as it used to. Maybe I got accustomed to them gradually past these months after spending time with Anthony.

True that I had expected nothing less than extraordinary after seeing the exteriors of this beautiful mansion. But it blew my mind when I stepped inside, it felt like a blow on my face, my expectations. Anthony had only given me a satisfied grin at my surprised, jaw-dropped-to-the-floor expression. It was the pure grim satisfaction of watching his plan working out.

We were welcomed and lead by a gorgeous woman who was wearing a nice black knee length dress.

Anthony pulled the chair out for me and took his after I'd settled down.

"So, if these people" I motioned my hand to point at him "Such as you, come here for party, club and date then how does it work? I mean to me this place seems like a perfect place for a classy decent date but where does the people go for clubbing and other activities".

He just chuckled and replied "This place has got so many wings, there is a separate building for each activity. We are now, as you said, in the place where a gentleman like me takes a gorgeous lovely lady like you to a date". He took out a red rose that was decorated in a large bouquet in the middle of the table and gave it to me.

"Thank you" I said as I took it and inspected it. Fresh and rich crimson colour of the rose seem to fill in the richness of the place itself.

"Its quite the setup huh" I raised a brow.

"What's the use of having billion dollars of wealth if we cant enjoy a fun evening and privacy to take my beautiful lady for a dinner date" he simply replied.

It was indeed a perfect setup. The place has barely few couples and he wasn't lying what he said about the privacy. No single strand of grey hair to be seen in the entire floor perhaps some other shades of brown and blonde but not a single wrinkled face or grumpy fathers at all. They did really work magnificently to keep this place strictly for youngsters.

The food was delicious. I let Anthony choose the entire course since he has the expertise in it more than me. he didn't complain or compelled me.

"How long have you been planning this" I asked sipping from my wine.

"A few days" he replied. He sat back and swirled his wine glass.

"Just this place or the whole date?" I put down my glass and put a finger on the necklace.

He wobbled his head side to side "The necklace was a plan for a long time. I wanted to give you something something that reminds you of 'Me' and also 'Us'. I thought of so many things but everything felt.... Not enough. On our first date at my dads place, I had one look at you and cursed myself for not bringing a diamond for you. But it also felt like too soon for diamonds but it gave me an idea. So, the diamonds were a plan all along but the question was how". He took a big gulp of his wine and set down the wine glass on the table.

He folded his hands and rested on the table "But how?" His left bro rose. "A ring would be nice" His eyes twinkled; my heart thundered. Also, there was something like a question in that stare and at the tug of those lips. Daring me whether I'd say no, if there indeed exists a ring right now. That smile merely masked the question he indirectly shot at me. He kept his stare and smile. I tensed a bit. He lowered and shook his head and laughed "Relax love, there is no ring."