my peace

The sun was setting up to illuminate the sky in the wee hours when I finally detangled myself out of the mess Justin weaved for us.

I was so exhausted and tired that I didn't realize how awful I looked. My hair all tousled from consistently pulling and dragging my hands through it all the night. my shirt crumpled and buttoned down, my tie coiled around my neck, my jacket in the folds of my arms. Absolute contradictory to how I started the evening. just like as I went to battle field straight from a date night. I thought about Eve as I was climbing the stairs, I feel extremely bad for leaving her the way I had to but I had no choice. Hope I could make for it after I get home but its too late, and also, I hope at least she gets to have a peaceful night.

I would never let anything of this mess, my mess bother even the shadow of her, she had enough of struggles in her past and if I cant be the peace she deserves then I shouldn't be the one to call her my love. But the way Justin kept on mentioning her made my blood boil, the last thing I would want right now is a man like Justin has his focus on her. Especially when his only motive seems to target me and Frey at all cost, he didn't even hesitate to use his own sister as a pawn in the whatever filthy game he is into. I would strangulate the life out of him if he ever thinks to toxify the air around her.

I'd expected she'd be sleeping in the bedroom, in her comfy shorts and crop top but depraved guilt guttered in my stomach when I came to the sight of Eve sleeping on the couch outside our bedroom. It suffocated the air out of my lungs. She coiled herself in the sofa hugging the throw pillow to her heart. She was still in that dress. That tiny shiny scrape of material which seemed to perfect a few hours ago but that piece of cloth didn't help at all to provide any warmth from the cold breezes creeping through the unbarred doors of the balcony. She looked like a fallen fairy with the thick strands of her hair falling on her face, her smudged lipstick. Slightly puffed eyes. I hurried my pace until I was merely a few inches away from her, kneeling I surveyed her sleeping face. The baby rays of rising sun dancing on her cheeks, enlightening the soft edges of her cheekbones and tip of her nose. She was glowing in the morning sunrays hues, orange and yellow. I could spend the whole night just watching her sleeping like this. I don't regret being awake all night if this is how serene and calming it feels to watch her sleep like a baby. She is perfect in every way, in her own way.

Who could not fall in love with her. The way she owns up to herself, doesn't live for others praises or acceptance. Doesn't give a damn about society norms and expectations. She's happy and complete in her own cocoon of paradise she created for herself. Anyone would be a complete fool if they don't fall for her beautiful soul. Glad I'm not that fool.

I gently placed a strand dancing on her cheek behind her ear. Couldn't resist to drag a finger down her jawline which probably tickled her because she lightly shook under my touch and opened her sleepy lazy eyes.

"Come" she mumbled in a sleepy tone.

my face lit up watching her. She moaned and opened her hands gesturing me to join her. I uncrunched my body from where I was kneeling and took the place beside her, she instantly merged into my body placing her head on my arm, burying her face in my chest. A heavy sigh came out of her mouth "I love your smell" she said in a muffled voice in to my chest. I squeezed her closer in to my hold. She adjusted her limbs and head to the space. I always thought this couch was too small for this space and I need to replace it but at this moment I realized how sometimes a small space is so comfortable. I love how it turned out to be sufficient for the both of us together. Honestly there is no extra inch for neither of us to move still this is what I actually needed right now.

"This couch is very small for both of us" I said kissing her forehead she casually rested right before my face. To know if she wants to move to the bedroom.

"No, its perfect" she said in my chest

That bought a genuine smile on my lips but I asked "What if you want to reposition yourself, there is no space here. you are literally stuffed inside my body"

I sensed her stifle a smile "Then I'll climb on you and sleep"

I couldn't restrain my laugh this time as I said "Of course, my love" then continued to kiss her until she fell asleep again "Good night my love"

This is not absolutely what I had in my mind when I planned the date but this is even better. Having her in my arms is always better.